Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when using defined object in Universe in Web Intelligence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I create universe connect from Infocube

I create a new Object named "Sale Value" to get YTD of Object name "SS Total value of the invoice lin" with code following

<EXPRESSION>SUM(YTD(@Select(Key Figures\SS Total value of the invoice line)))</EXPRESSION>

I parse to check systax "OK".

But when I run query and using above defined object in Web Intelligence, I get error following

<<

Query 1 - ZTHP_TEST001

A database error occured. The database error text is: The MDX query WITH MEMBER [Measures].[384E7D57-FBC9-45A4-BD,4B,1D,D2,D4,41,47,7E] AS ' SUM([Measures].[ZSGROSS_L]) ' SELECT { [Measures].[ZSVOLUME], [Measures].[384E7D57-FBC9-45A4-BD,4B,1D,D2,D4,41,47,7E] } ON COLUMNS , NON EMPTY { Descendants( [ZPRODUCT ZPRODUCT_HIER].[LEVEL00].MEMBERS, [ZPRODUCT ZPRODUCT_HIER].[LEVEL09], LEAVES) } DIMENSION PROPERTIES MEMBER_CAPTION ON ROWS FROM [$ZIB_02] failed to execute with the error Invalid MDX command with ). (WIS 10901)

>>

I check MDX PARSER connection in SM59 sucessfull

I am beginer of Universe and Web Intelligence, please help me solve this problem.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The MDX parser in the universe designer just check the XML Tags or Syntax. It does not validate the expression.

The YTD, QTD, MTD functions in the universe designer requires a reference to a predefined time chararcteristics eg. 0CALMONTH etc. So the correct expression would be similar to the below expression:

<EXPRESSION> SUM(YTD([0CALMONTH].CurrentMember), @Select(Key Figures\SS Total value of the invoice line))</EXPRESSION> 

Also you need to add the time characteristics in the result set.

Regards,

Rohit

Answers (0)