Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Query in LSMW

I have successfully loaded data into Actions infotype (0000) through LSMW. I came to know through the forum that I should load IT0001 and IT0002 data through PA40 before loading data into any other infotype. For other infotypes in Personnel Actions, the data should be loaded through PA30. Please correct me if if my understanding is wrong. I have the following two queries:

1. Before uploading data into IT0001, I think I should have OM data in the system. Can I use LSMW itself to upload data for organizational units, Positions, & Jobs (Tasks, etc. are not required for this customer)? Or should I create data each of these seperately through the related entry screens only? The customer has around 120 organizational units, around 70-80 positions and abround 200 Positions.

2. In the Excel data file for "Personal Data" infotype (0002), the customer has given data for "State" field in the manner "KARNATAKA", "KERALA" etc. and for the "Nationality" field the data given is "INDIAN", "SINGAPOREAN" etc. Now, can I upload this directly using LSMW or first convert "State" and "Nationality" data into their corresponding State codes and Nationality codes in the Excel file and then upload the Excel file?

-Shambhvi

Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question