cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query in LSMW

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have successfully loaded data into Actions infotype (0000) through LSMW. I came to know through the forum that I should load IT0001 and IT0002 data through PA40 before loading data into any other infotype. For other infotypes in Personnel Actions, the data should be loaded through PA30. Please correct me if if my understanding is wrong. I have the following two queries:

1. Before uploading data into IT0001, I think I should have OM data in the system. Can I use LSMW itself to upload data for organizational units, Positions, & Jobs (Tasks, etc. are not required for this customer)? Or should I create data each of these seperately through the related entry screens only? The customer has around 120 organizational units, around 70-80 positions and abround 200 Positions.

2. In the Excel data file for "Personal Data" infotype (0002), the customer has given data for "State" field in the manner "KARNATAKA", "KERALA" etc. and for the "Nationality" field the data given is "INDIAN", "SINGAPOREAN" etc. Now, can I upload this directly using LSMW or first convert "State" and "Nationality" data into their corresponding State codes and Nationality codes in the Excel file and then upload the Excel file?

-Shambhvi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you are doing well.

Answer to your 1st query:

You can use LSMW for uploading the OM activities as well, If you are comfortable in doing so you can upload it easily with the LSMW.

Answer to your second query:

Either way of uploading is fine, but it all depends on your Fields definition, and the way you record the same.

If your fields consists of the code and if code is a mandatory field in the Infotype then the codes have to be defined in the file.

My suggestion will be to define all fields so that the upload is smooth without error's.

Please let me know if you need any more details and i hope i have helped answer your query.

Thanks and regards,

Jailakshmi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the sugestions! I have some related queries, which I will post in the next thread.

-Shambhvi

Sujith_EM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For your 2nd question

You need to convert it , because the maximum character length of Nationality(NATIO) and State (GBDEP) is 3.

Example For Indian its IN and Singapore its SG etc..