cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding existing systems to a new Solution Manager 7.0 Ehp1 system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We've just installed a new Solution Manager 7.0 Ehp1 system, we have a 3 system landscape in action, please need your help to connect these systems with this new Solution Manager system. The post installation Initial Configuration and Basic Configuration has been performed successfully. Also need your help with Maintenance Optimizer configuration and setting up EWA.

Please do share experiences, links and documents for the above.

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

basis-novice

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All!

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Page 65-67 of Netweaver EHP2 Upgrade Guide found in service.sap.com/instguides.

You can use the explanation below to configure MOPZ and maintain systems in SMSY.

4.5.2Configuration of the Maintenance Optimizer

You have to configure the Maintenance Optimizer. For a list of configuration tasks, see the Maintenance Optimizer Configuration Guide.

Make sure that you run the guided procedure SOLMAN_SETUP after every installation or update of SAP Solution Manager and that it completes successfully.

Related Documents

Available at...Maintenance Optimizer Configuration Guide http://service.sap.com /mopz (link at the bottom of the page)

4.5.3Maintaining System Landscape Information

The Maintenance Optimizer relies upon up-to-date information about your system landscape. Therefore you have to maintain this data in SAP Solution Manageru2019s system landscape (transaction SMSY). In the following, you will find the description how to maintain this data. If you already have maintained the system landscape data, then check if the data is correct.

If you use the System Landscape Directory (SLD), then use it to capture the system data.

If you do not use the System Landscape Directory (for example, if you have a pure ABAP system), you use RFC connections to maintain the data.

Procedure

Maintaining the System Landscape Data Using SLD

Register both Java systems and ABAP systems that you want to update in your central SLD.

The central SLD can either be on your SAP Solution Manager system, or you can have a separate system where you run the SLD (central runtime SLD). If you use a central runtime SLD, make sure that it is synchronized with the local SLD of your SAP Solution Manager system.

4.5.3Maintaining System Landscape Information

The Maintenance Optimizer relies upon up-to-date information about your system landscape. Therefore you have to maintain this data in SAP Solution Manageru2019s system landscape (transaction SMSY). In the following, you will find the description how to maintain this data. If you already have maintained the system landscape data, then check if the data is correct.

If you use the System Landscape Directory (SLD), then use it to capture the system data.

If you do not use the System Landscape Directory (for example, if you have a pure ABAP system), you use RFC connections to maintain the data.

Procedure

Maintaining the System Landscape Data Using SLD

Register both Java systems and ABAP systems that you want to update in your central SLD.

The central SLD can either be on your SAP Solution Manager system, or you can have a separate system where you run the SLD (central runtime SLD). If you use a central runtime SLD, make sure that it is synchronized with the local SLD of your SAP Solution Manager system.

Create an RFC connection

Choose the Client tab for your system.

Maintain at least client 000.

Create an RFC connection between the Solution Manager and the system you want to update using the RFC Assistant.

Start the data transfer

To initiate the remote transfer of system data from the target system, choose the Read System Data Remote.

RECOMMENDATION

We recommend you to schedule automatic data transfers using transaction SMSY_SETUP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mateus and Jansi,

Followed your advice and am done with the Mopz Configuration.

I am planning to connect the managed systems later on.

Now, I need to apply SPS23 for this current Solution Manager Installation(7.0 Ehp1 SP07), in the Maintenance Optimizer I am unable to find my Solution Manager System(SID:HSM) in the System Landscape.

When I go to "solution_manager-> Change Management->Support Pack Stacks", I find a message "No Systems Found".

Also in "solution_manager->Change Management->Maintenance Optimizer->New Maintenance Optimizer Transaction->(MOPZ opening up in a IE Browser) I cannot find my Solution Manager System(SID:HSM) in the Product Version for Solution : SAP Solution.

Do I need to follow the same procedure as for other managed systems ? Please help me out !

Thanks in advance...

Edited by: basis-novice on May 27, 2011 6:43 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please connect your solution manager system (HSM) as managed system under smsy. Maintain logical componets.

Later add this to the solution. After start the MOPZ.

Please follow the below blog under the section 2 onwards

/people/federico.babelis2/blog/2006/04/25/system-monitoring-configuration-guide-for-dummies

or check the demo under the section "Managed system configuration"

[https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/sapidb/011000358700000048292009F/|https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/sapidb/011000358700000048292009F/]

Thank,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For al the configuration on solman refer this solman setup wiki page

[Solman Setup|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Home]

and regarding to add new systems check the below blog under the section 2 onwards

[/people/federico.babelis2/blog/2006/04/25/system-monitoring-configuration-guide-for-dummies|/people/federico.babelis2/blog/2006/04/25/system-monitoring-configuration-guide-for-dummies]

regarding MOPZ config also follow the below wiki [MOPZ guide|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/Maintenance+Optimizer]

Thanks,

Jansi