cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

can we make inactive field for input to active so that we can enter some value in it like in notification screen we have field "created by" in ITEM tab which is inactive for data entry i want it to be active for some data entry

any one can guide me about this

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FYI - be careful what fields you make active. Created by is used by SAP and you might find that field overwritten by SAP during it's processes. Changing the created by after the fact would be a huge violation of SOX, all ISO standards and all FDA regs. It also voids your ability to track issues. It would be better to assign partners to your notifications.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

i tried it but useless

actually my scenario is i want to input shift name and user name for each item or activities i need some field to input would you plz tell me how to do this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of modifying standard fields add fields to your item detail screen using user exit.

User exit QQMA0008 is for adding the fields to your detail screen of ITEM.

Regards,

Nitin Rane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

could u plz guide me how to do this, a little detail of the process how to add a field in ITEM by using user exit

regards

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nasir,

I agree with FF.

u201CCreated byu201D filed is SAP specific and system generated field and to modify it; is certainly not advisable.

As I understand your requirement is to mention shift and useru2019s name item wise in notification. There are several work around to pull off this. Just try following and check whether you can apply or not.

1. You may utilize u201CTextu201D and or u201CInsp.unit.nou201D fields in item, if you are not using it for any other purpose. You can type the name of an user there. This information you can get from QM15 report.

2. If you go to task tab, a special column you will find as u201CTask processoru201D. There also select appropriate processor either as user responsible or co coordinator and enter user ID un Responsible column.

3. If the shift is the common parameter for all items, why donu2019t you try to utilize u201CReference nou201D or u201CDevice Datau201D fields on the first screen of notification. Create a query by combining QMEL and QMFE tables to consolidate the results.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks dear

actually i m using these field for some other purposes, in my case responsible" field is also inactive how could i make it active for data input

further more i have to mention shift name for each task i cannot user header data kindly advice me

can i change the data type of "No field" as its numeric and i want alpha . can i use this field for entering A, B or c shift????

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For each item, you can have "item tasks". You can assign an item task and use user responsible here to define the reporting user. The task would be "report issue". The user puts themseleves as the responsible party and marks the task as complete. They can use the task text here to put in the shift as well.

Depending on how you have your defect locations set up, maybe you can incorporate the shift into the location. So maybe you can have BAGGING A, BAGGING B, BAGGING C to indicate Bagging area shift a, shift b and shift c.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use SHD0 T code

Seek help of ABAPer