cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport overwritten the report, Need to get the previos version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is there any way , I which i can see the older version of report in Production before transport.

In my Project somebody has made the changed a report directly in Production system , I have made some changes in the same report in Dev and transported to production.

Now the report is not behaving correctly. I think this is because of some changes made directly in production in the past.

Can i find out the previos version of report which was there before i made a transport to the prod system.

Thanks

Dheeraj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

Try to identify the query structure that was there in PROD earlier and make the same changes to the Dev query and transport. Pls note its not recommended at all to modify objects in PROD.

Thanks,

VA

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

How can i find the structure which was written before .

And Is there any way if i can see the previous versio of report whcih is overwritten by a tranport request?

I am assuming the changes done before in the report were directly done on Prod so i cannot regenrate from the tranport logs in STMS.

Thanks

DD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately there is no other way to recover your previous version in prod. This is the reason, not advisable to change directly in prod. Get in touch with the business users/ refer tech docs and try to regenarate the report.

-rgds,

VA

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi dheeraj,

try to transport the same query from dev to production as their is no other way to retrieve a query once it is overwritten.