cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost planning process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using network activities we can plan various types of cost on a project. Once the flow of actual values starts there will be the difference between actual costs and planned costs.

From the management perspective to get the most accurate project cost estimate we need to combine the actual cost from the project with the planned costs for the future periods. That can be done taking a copy to another planned version.

I would like to understand the standard scenario to get updates into the cost estimate. Is it possible to control with the network valuation variant that planned cost is updated with actual cost coming from external procurement?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

can you please post some specific requirement for cost planning.

Cost planning is done on WBS using CJ40,

and on network using activity like internal for hour booking and material component assignement, External for PR , Cost for other cost like travel cost.

Thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once the final invoice is received for the service NWA we still might have a planning data assocoated with it in a future periods. The expectation is to recalculate the planned cost cleaning such future planned cost, because the final invoice is already posted. Is there any costing variant or exit that does it?

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you are looking for budget revision every year. Normally public sector uses these kind of budgeting by considering previous period actual as planned then do next budgeting.

We have done a similar requirement through a Z development for one of the project.

But you can think of using the functionality of copying Actual to Plan to a different CO version. then after approval you could change it to Version 0.

For example use Plan version 1 for copying actual then copy these values to Appropriation Request version 1 as a new variant. after AR approval update these values in the version 0 on the new variant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the Forecast Workbench settings in IMG what is the difference between Current Forecast version and Automatic Forecast Version? I can read the F1 text, but it is not clear about the process flow.