Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple selection screens in smartforms

satvik_panchal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

In Smartforms, is it possible to have multiple selection screens? For example, after running the driver program, it will show the first selection screen. After selecting some field parameters, it will further show a second selection screen based on the field parameters of the first selection screen? If yes, how do we go about it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

satvik_panchal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Our client has changed his requirement by simplifying it. Now he wants only one selection screen with Inspection Lot No. as input parameter which is done by me.

But I THANK U ALL for giving your valuable replies to this thread. We can close this thread.

Thanks and Regards,

Satvik.

former_member203305
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

why do u think that it is 2 screen??

just on screen with the selection and the result will be display in ALV, select the line that u want to print.

there is no need of more screen.

Regards

satvik_panchal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

Can u explain about after displaying the result in ALV, how to select a particular line that we want to print..i.e. the final output should be displayed as a smartform?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use intransitive alv the to display the output. the below link for example interactive alv.

link : http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/InteractiveAlVlistandGrid+Report

in that User Command call the smart form to display the output. Hope it use full for you..

regards,

Dhina..

Edited by: Dhina DMD on May 28, 2011 8:57 AM

satvik_panchal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dhina,

As user enters data in 1st selection screen, user should see next selection screen where data is dependent on 1st selection screen,

based on 1st & 2nd selection screen user should fetch data.

e.g

if i enter data in 1st selection screen A.

and screen A related data in second selection screen are 1, 2, 3, 4.(It could be any number)

Then user should select one of that data(say 2).

user should fetch data where the condition is matched with A and 2.

Thanks,

Satvik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Miguel Alvear told like

"why do u think that it is 2 screen?

just on screen with the selection and the result will be display in ALV, select the line that u want to print.

there is no need of more screen."

use this method your problem will be solved.

as your example

if i enter data in 1st selection screen A.

and screen A related data will be displayed in the ALV format 1, 2, 3, 4.(It could be any number) no need to call the 2nd selection screen

Then user should select one of that data(say 2). in that user-command you write the codding for display the smart form.

user should fetch data where the condition is matched with A and 2.(No need to check that) because you display the records based on the 1st selection screen.

Hope you got the solution.

Regards,

Dhina..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create a report program with 3 different selection screens.

Group the selection screens and based on the conditions,activate the corresponding selection screens.

Finally call the smartform.

Jshree

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Satvikpanchal ,

Whats is the exact requirement.

Regards,

Madhu.

satvik_panchal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhurao,

My requirement is: In the first selection screen of the driver program, I have 3 input parameters which are Inspection Lot No., Material Doc. No. And Date. On entering the data on any one input parameter (suppose date) and running the program, I should get a second screen in which all the Material Doc. Numbers and Inspection Lot numbers should be displayed. On selecting a particular Inspection Lot No., the smartform should be displayed.

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it is better to go for module pool programming and get the and print. Is it requirement to get from Forms.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

well sure you can do that, and there are even quite a lot of possible ways to go to achieve this.

But this hasnt got to do anything with smartforms.

you can e.G. make use of the statement CALL SELECTION SCREEN.

do your stuff, popup other selection screens, and so on. Finally when you´re ready and all data to print has been fetched, then process your smartforms. Having a smartform at the backend doesnt change anything.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

why dont you create 2 programs, for both selection screens. And once user enters data on sel screen 1, submit for other program. WHich returns sel screen 2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do this thru Dialog programming only, with multiple screens, you cannot have multiple selection screens.

Regards,

Chandu.

Edited by: chandra sekhar narra on May 26, 2011 1:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

to achieve this you can go for screens.

Regards,

Pavan Bandaru