cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC7.5NW: Missing BW InfoObject during Data Import using Data Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm a beginner in SAP BPC. With reference to the How-To guide, I am doing master data import into BPC 7.5 NW from BW using Data Manager Package. I have sample master data for InfoObject 0COSTCENTER from BW. Then, I have created the Data Manager Package, transformation file and conversion file, following the guide step by step. However, on screen 2 of the Data Manager - Run Package prompt, I couldn't see the InfoObject 0COSTCENTER in the selection list. With that, I can't proceed with this master data import.

I am sure that the InfoObject 0COSTCENTER exists in BW. Therefore, my question is: Is this problem caused by the connection between BPC and BW? If yes, is there any pre-configuration required to connect both BW and BPC?

Please advice.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Kenneth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kenneth,

Read the document again and follow the steps carefully (Trouble Shooting mode) , some time missing small setting will through errors. Check each step slowly, you can resolve the issue.

Look the thread below for ref:

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rushendra,

Thanks for your input. The thread that you share, is about the error at the later stage, i.e. the hierarchy import. What I am facing now is that while about to run the Data Manager Package, under the field "Please select the infoobject and the selection:", I can't see my sample master data InfoObject 0COSTCENTER in the selection list. Thus, I haven't even reach the "Set Selection" step. And yes, I've followed the steps carefully, but still this problem remains.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Kenneth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks Sanjeev and Rushendra for the inputs. Apparently, there are numerous ways to import/load master data into BPC, for the NetWeaver version. For example, planning master data directly in BPC, loading master data from ERP directly, loading master data from SAP NetWeaver BI characteristics using BI dataflow or Data Manager, or, of course, loading from flat file using BI dataflow or Data Manager.

The method I was asking was to load master data from BI characteristics using Data Manager. However, this method requires a Custom Process Type, which is not shipped with the product. I think that's why I had problem while trying to do the import.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Kenneth

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

Loading BW InfoObject into BPC Dimension in versin 7.5 DOES NOT require any Custom Process type. Have you tried using 'search' for your Cost Center InfoObject? Can you check if it's active?

I loaded tons of BW InfoObject using that Process Chain and never had any issues.

Please let me know what you find.

Regards,

Gersh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gersh,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I've tried using 'Search', but still I can't find my 0COSTCENTER InfoObject, although I've also checked in BW and this InfoObject is active. May I know how do you connect both BPC and BW usually? It's because the BPC and BW of my project are on different server. Please advice.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Kenneth

Edited by: Kenneth C on Jun 6, 2011 7:37 AM

former_member190501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your BPC (BI) is different from BW system then load 0COSTCENTER into BPC (BI) from either BW or R/3. Once you activate IOBJ 0COSTCENTER from business content of BPC (BI) then you can able to access this infoobject from data package to load into BPC dimension.

hope it helps..

regards,

Raju

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thanks for all your comments and advices. Appreciate it. The problem is gone by having both the BPC and BW in the same server. I think there might be some error earlier while having BPC and BW in different server, but I'm not sure what it is. Anyway, now I can see the activated InfoObject.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Kenneth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

Ideally we will extract the cost center data from backend system BW and will make if any manual corrections in the file if required and will load it in the member sheet of the COST center dimension in admin client and then process the dimension.

hope this helps. Thanks.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once you are done with the dimension process validate the cost center file with transformation file and then if is validated succesfully then you can run the import package to load the data. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Thanks for your prompt reply. So, do you mean you will not make use of the process chain /CPMB/IMPORT_IOBJ_MASTER in BPC7.5? It is because as what I understand, exporting the master data into a flat file first is an old practice in BPC7.0. With the new process chain in BPC7.5, we can load BPC dimension members directly from the BW.

Please advice. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Kenneth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

Definitely you would need to use to process chain /CPMB/IMPORT_MASTER by running IMPORT_MASTER package .

Request you to download this PDF which would help you to understand more. Thanks.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00380440-010b-2c10-70a1-e0b431255...

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transformation Files for both IMPORT_IOBJ_MASTER and IMPORT_IOBJ_HIER .

Step 1: Load the Master data using IMPORT_IOBJ_MASTER , select the relevent Hierarchy and Node in Hierarchy TAB, English in Language TAB etc....

Check the Dimension Membersheet, whether you got all Dimension members and Parent members from Hierarchy.

Step 2: using IMPORT_IOBJ_HIER you can populate PARENTH1 for the Hierarchy.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Thanks for the PDF. However, I am still confused if I should first export the master data to flat files. Please take note that I'm now working on BPC7.5NW. From the How-To guide I read previously, in BPC7.0NW, we do need to setup an Open Hub Destination to export the master data to a file, and then use Data Manager to import the file into BPC. However, with BPC7.5NW, the use of Open Hub Destination are no longer necessary.

Please advice.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Kenneth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

If you are manually loading master data then yes you would need to extract data from BW in to flat file and make modifictions if any required and then validate with transformation files and then import the data.

If you are on 7.0 or 7.5 then you can automate master data which the pdf i gave explains you. Thanks.

Regards,

Sanjeeev