Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Services (Category)

jacob_neergaard
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the Message Category.

Is it possible to set it in the URL, when posting the data to the queue? Something like:

http://localhost:50000/XMII/Illuminator?service=WSMessageListener&mode=WSMessageListenerServer&NAME=Test&CATEGORY=MyCategory&Content-Type=text/xml&Session=false

Thanks in advance,

Jacob

Edited by: Michael Appleby on May 26, 2011 2:42 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jacob,

I assume you've tried this with no success. To the best of my understanding the Category is only used by the processing rules, so when a message is received it either categorizes it in the database buffer, or runs the associated transaction directly.

By varying the Name property you can effectively have the messages received by the processing rule, and instead of using the wildcard (*) you can use the name and map it to your desired category for further processing in a TRX (scheduled or otherwise).

So with the common built in WSMessageListener you will provide multiple processing rules for each Name and map it to the category.

Regards,

Jeremy

jacob_neergaard
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your reply.

I came to the same conclusion myself after digging into the documentation.

So I ended up with several processing rules calling the same transaction but with different parameters. I would have liked to do what I first asked but as you explained as well that simply wasn't the intention of the categories.