cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends ,

we have a portal and the users are maintained in R/3 that means UME is R/3 .

Now when i have to give the access to the users to use ESS applications they are not bale to view ESS role since the portal is mapper to client where the user is not existing.

Say for Eg : i have checked in system administration-> UME configuration-> where i found client :100

but the users are existing in 200 .

Now my query is in order to access the ESS applications the users which are created in CLIENT 200 has to be configured instead of client 100 .

What are all the places i have to change inorder to map the system to client to 200.

Is that correct that i have changed in system administration->UME configuration->ABAP system tab

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear krishna,

Hope you are doing good.

Inorder to change the UME client:

Login to the configtool->switch to the configuration editor mode->configuration->cluster_data->server-> cfg> services->

Propertysheet com.sap.security.core.ume.service Check the below values:

->ume.persistence.data_source_configuration= dataSourceConfiguration_abap.xml

->ume.r3.connection.master.client :

->ume.r3.connection.master.r3name :

->ume.r3.connection.master.user :SAPJSF (SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION should

be assigned in the backend)

->ume.r3.connection.master.passwd: <passwd of the sapjsf user>

Make sure that the J2EE_guest user is present only in the ABAP server (not in the local DB) and has the role SAP_J2EE_GUEST assigned to it. After that restart the J2EE engine. For more info:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/84/10594aecd3e1408845e66c432b955e/frameset.htm]

Also, make sure that you make the changes in the JCo, else the issue as per the below may occur:

1592158 - Jco Connection fails with RFC metadata retrieved from another server error

Thank you and have a nice day :).

Kind Regards,

Hemanth

SAP AGS

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi krishnakk,

Your Web Dynpro Java applications maintained as client 100. You should maintain them for client 200. But then 100 client users dont have access them.