Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to print directly existing spool request number without dialog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Can u give me suggestions for below scenerio, as follows,

My Requirement is to get the spool request number as parameter in abap report, if its execute its corresponding spool request data is going to be print directly using printer LP01.

I am using get_print _parameters fm but it's not working, pls tell me wht are all mandatory parameters is used to give for printing output.

I want to know which function module is used to perform this report. One more thing while execute the report i dont need the printer dialog box when i am giving spool request as parameter directly it should be print bcoz user knows spool request number so they want print directly the outputno need of dialog box.

Pls can u anyone help me for my development

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How do you know the format of the spool is compatible with the formats defined for your LP01 device? What do you mean the get_print_parameters function doesn't work? How are you trying to print afterwards?

If the user knows the spool number, he/she had to search for it somehow. Why build a new report, i.e., why not use transaction SP01 and the 'Print with changed parameters' menu function once the spool is found, which allows all of the search functionality plus enforces the authorization checks?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just want to point out that spool request numbers are re-used so if the spool number is old it may have been reused and the print job won't be what's expected. This can lead to security issues where people can print reports they shouldn't have access to.

Former Member
0 Kudos

try using FM RSPO_RPRINT_SPOOLREQ in your program