cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Needed,,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In my apllication i imported one bapi from R/3.I executed in controller,that bapi has three fields like zname,zno and zage.From the view i created one dropdown for Zno. Then i created one input field and one table because when i select any zno value from dropdown box other fields are like zname will populate in inputfield and zage come to table.

I did dropdown value after what should i do. please anybody send me step by step.

Thanks a lot.

john.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sridhar_k2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

From Actions tab, you create one Action and assign the same action give to DropDownBykey "onSelect" Property.

In that Action Method, you can get that selected value,

String value = dropValueSet.getValue(key);

In this action, you just populate zname and zage.

If you are not clear with this solution, please write me back with exact requirement.

This is the way you set values to drop down value set.

IContextElement contextElement = wdContext.currentContextElement();

IWDNodeInfo nodeInfo = wdContext.getNodeInfo();

IWDAttributeInfo dateAttributeInfo = nodeInfo.getAttribute(contextElement.empCode);

IModifiableSimpleValueSet dropValueSet = dateAttributeInfo.getModifiableSimpleType().getSVServices().getModifiableSimpleValueSet();

String empCodeTxt=null;

//Gives the Size of the List, which is coming from Model

int nodeLength = wdContext.node<BAPIList>().size();

for (int i = 0; i < nodeLength; i++) {

// Gives the Value, Which you want to show in Drop Down List Box.. Change it according to your need.

empCodeTxt=String.valueOf(((IPrivate<viewname>.I<BAPIList>Element)(wdContext.node<BAPIList>().getElementAt(i))).get<Parameter>());

dropValueSet.put(empCodeTxt, empCodeTxt);

}

Regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Thanks for your Reply.I am new to Web Dynpro so Please could u explain step by step.

Thanks.

sridhar_k2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

1)You Create one action and assign it to the DropDownByKey - onSelect Property. It will get raised when user selects any value from DropDown control.

2)In that action, you just populate inputfield and Table with required values.

I Think i have understood your functionality correctly.

Regards,

Sridhar