cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to start a J2EE application per command line?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I deployed an ear archive in Web AS 6.30 using the deploymanager.bat file. The deployment worked fine. After deployment I have to start the application manually with the J2EE Engine Visual Administrator. I consider this quite uncomfortable because it cannot be integrated in my automated build process.

Is there a way to start the application per command line?

Regards,

Anke

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, you can. You can use the START_APP command from the DEPLOY shell commands group. Here is a link with the parameters for the command: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ae/01343ef3f9ff2de10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Here is a general reference on how to use the Shell Console Administrator on J2EE Engine: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/fa/40a2ab95dc08429e60bd467df91943/frameset.htm

Hope that helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivaylo,

Frankly your proposal is not the solution I was thinking of. But anyway, it works out fine. Thanks!

I’m using Jakarta ant for automated building during development. For anyone that is interested here is my ant task for deploying an ear to Web AS 6.30 on Windows XP:

<target name="deploy">

<property name="webas.deploying.dir" value="${webas.j2ee.home}/deploying" />

<property name="app.name" value="myapp" />

<property name="webas.user" value="user" />

<property name="webas.password" value="password" />

<exec dir="${webas.deploying.dir}" executable="${webas.deploying.dir}/deploymanager.bat">

<arg value="$/sap/Deployer.xml"/>

</exec>

<telnet server="localhost" port="50008">

<read>Login:</read>

<write>${webas.user}</write>

<read>Password:</read>

<write>${webas.password}</write>

<read>&gt;</read>

<write>JUMP 0</write>

<read>You jumped on node</read>

<write>ADD DEPLOY</write>

<read>&gt;</read>

<write>START_APP ${app.name}</write>

<read>&gt;</read>

</telnet>

</target>

It’s not elegant but satisfactory…

Anke

Message was edited by: Anke Baier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anke,

I liked the ant task that you created to start a J2EE application. Can you post what is in the Deployer.xml file? That would be very helpful. Thank you.

Alex Zelinski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anke,

Can you pls send the complete build file?