cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEx transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

If i want to transport query from dev to test, do i need to create a request or package... tell me steps to transport after clicking bextruck. any document to understand difference between package and request

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please save all your objects in a package and then in a request.

This request will be transported from DEV>>>>QAT>>>PRD.

Objects are need to be collected in a package objects collected in $TMP are not tranportable so make sure all our objects are collected in some useful package.

As asked by you once you click on truck icon it will ask for a request,so if in case any request is already assigned for you then you can save the objects into them if not then create your own request.Always make sure all objects are collected into some package.

After collecting the objects in a req.you can check the same in SE09 all your collected objects will be there in workbecnh request.After checking the objects that they have been collected properly then you will release your request from SE09.

once done with it then either your BASIS team will import the reuest and transport to QAT through STMS or in some companies they will allow you to transport till QAT all by yourself.

Hope it gives you some idea on Request and package.

Regards,

AL

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

want to transport query from dev to test

1)Create a BEX request >Goto RSA1>Click on Transport connection from the left panel-->Click on create transport request for bex (from top right corner next to object changebility)

2)now it'll ask for a package -->Assign a package -->Give the description for the bex request and click on continue.. it'll automatically saved.. Goto se09 and check for the newly created TR.

3) now open your query and save it-->it'll automatically gets saved in the newly created bex request.

4) go to se09-->Selct your TR and Release it (clcik on theTruck symbol)

Note: If there is no package created then go to T-code se80 and give a name for package>click on display button>Create-->Give desc and save. now give this package at the time of creating the TR.