cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transport connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

In transport connection screen 3 truck symbols are there...one beside grouping,other truck with bex,other truck with object changability...how do these 3 symbols differ in functionality. can anyone tell me this. are suggest me any document which clarifies this

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are some objects which sap has given as standard which can be created and edited as well.

To check the following go to -Datawarehousing workbench-Select Translation tab from left hand side panel once you are inside that window select object changeability(Truck icon) then one window will open with all the objects

Just select the object which you need like DTP,Infopackage,Process chain etc jst right click on it and select the option everything changeable

This setting will help you in changing and creating the new objects in Production itself.

Regards,

AL

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neerja,

Please go through the below links . These clearly explain about the transport connection in SAP BI.

"http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sem60ep1/helpdata/en/0b/5ee7377a98c17fe10000009b38f842/frameset.htm"

"http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smehp1/helpdata/en/0e/a7343e8c7f6329e10000000a114084/frameset.htm".

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sarika

Former Member
0 Kudos

one beside grouping

This is used to capture the objects to the trasport request.

other truck with bex

This is used to create a new Bex request

other truck with object changability

This is used to change the Package of entire or each individual objects in the Trasport request.

Former Member
0 Kudos

object changeability -

This setting is not relevant in Dev system. It has significance in QA and Prd. On hitting the button you get a list of objects. These objects could be directly changed in QA or PRD if set to everything changeable against the item. by default it would be not changeable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah you are right Murali . thanks for correcting me!

@neeraja :please ignore my message on object changeability