Transportation chain / multimode transport
1) I got lots of documents for Transportation chain / multimode transport but not able to configure it. Could you please share me the steps involves and brief about configuring Multimode transport such as how many shipment document types / shipment cost document types needs to define etc.
2) In Shipment cost and Item category definition we assign the cost type such as Shipment header, shipment leg etc. Why do we assign this? What will be effect if I maitain each and every option
3) In the configuration Define Shipment cost relevancy to shipment type, we can select the check box Header, Leg, Loading point etc. why we use this setting? What will be the effects
Please let me know on above points
Thanks & Regards
G Lakshmipathi replied
1) One Shipment Document Type and One Shipment Cost type is enough
2) In IMG path Define Transportation Connection Points, you have to define whether a shipment is related to Load Transfer, Border crossing etc., This Transportation Connection Point should be assigned in the next IMG Define Routes and Stages. Based on this, when you create a shipment document via VT01N, multiple line items would flow under the tab "Stages". Ideally, this would be applicable in case of exports shipment where you would have stages like Plant to Port, Port to importing country's port, customer destination and for each of these, you have to key in different vendor codes.
3) Based on the tick only, when you create shipment cost, the respective amount will be calculated. For example, if you not checked any of the boxes here and while you create shipment cost in VI01, once you tick the box Transfer, system will throw an error.
On your query,
What will be effect if I maitain each and every option
I request you to make a test on your own and update your findings.