Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: Can I code in standard implementation of a BADI "WCM_DECOUPLING"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm trying to use a BADI (WCM_DECOUPLING) for transaction IW32. But when I tried to create an implementation for this BADI in SE19, it is throwing the following error "BADI definition WCM_DECOUPLING is only provided for SAP internal use".

Then I've checked the attributes of this BADI in se18, an option "within SAP" is checked.

I've checked the old threads also, but I couldn't find any help to use this BADI somehow.

MY QUESTION: later, I've found using transaction SE84 that this BADI is already implemented by standard SAP in the name

"WCM_DECOUPLING_IMPL" and activated. But, it's runtime behavior is shown as "EA-PLM is deactivated; implementation will not be called". Can I use this standard implementation to code my changes or validations.

Thanks,

Rajan U

2 REPLIES 2

former_member361845
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the documention provide you can't implement.

However, as you have not explain what is the your requirment.

Use Cl_exithandler SE24 and check for the exact Badi which suits your req.

Find out the method which can be implimented by check importing and exporting parameters.

Hope this will help!

0 Kudos

Dear Shahin,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I've adapted the same method (SE24) to find this BADI. I see other BADIs doesn't have the required parameters flowing in. That is the reason why I am trying to some how implement this BADI.

My requirement: After creating work order in Iw31, a list of people has to approve the work order by using permit (ech one will have the unique permit key). For this a pop window containing table control of permit keys listed in the order is provided.

I've to place a check/validation to ensure that these permits are approved in the same order as it has to be done.

for example: 1) Functional head 2) General manager 3) Managing director

I've also searched for user exits, but, on that is suitable for this req is not working.

Please suggest me a method to do this.

or

if I create ZBADI i.e. ZWCM_DECOUPLING, will this be called inside the standard program? will the exit handler call this?

Please give me your suggestion.

Thanks,

Rajan U

Edited by: Rajan Usman Basha on Jun 2, 2011 5:45 AM