cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO creation from POR: quantity rounded. Why?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when I create a PO from a Purchase Order Requisition (with transaction ME21N) the system round the quantity. Why?

Example: in the POR the quantity is 1000,345. When I create the PO the quantity become 1000.

Where do I have to check the parameters set in my system?

Thanks

Fabio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please see tcode: CUNI.

Please see the decimal place rounding field: It will be 0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correct, in tcode CUNI the Unit of Measure VAL or ST have decimal place rounding field 0.

But I'm looking into two SAP systems and in both of them the unit of measure are set up in this way.

In one system, when I create the PO from the requisition, the quantity remains the same (i.e. 1000,345 in the requisition, when I create the PO quantity remains 1000,345). In the other system the quantity is rounded (i.e. 1000,345 in the requisition, when I create the PO quantitybecome 1000). Something is different between the two systems but I do not understand what.

In CUNI settings are the same.

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

Have you seen that there are two "decimal places" fields in CUNI - in the top frame "Display" and in the bottom one "Conversion". Are both places the same in the two systems?

Do you create the PO manually in trs ME21N in both systems? Because in some cases the system can ignore the rounding rules, i.e. when the PO is created using the BAPI_PO_CREATE1.

BR

Raf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

Check in the values defined in the customising SPRO > Materials Management > Purchasing > Order Optimizing > Quantity Optimizing and Allowed Logistics Units of Measure > Control for Quantity Optiomizing > Maintain Control Profiles for Quantity Optimizing

And, you will see the following check boxes active:

Round Val.

Log. unit

For that reason, the system is checking the round values.

You can select the option "Cancel Rounding" if you do not want that it can be checked.

Cheers,

Sandra PF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great Sandra!!

I think I have found the problem!

Thank you very very much!

Fabio

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

avudaiappan_e
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Please Check whether

you have maintained a rounding value in MRP1 screen of the material ? or

any rounding profile ?

Thanks !

E.Avudaiappan

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

When the system rounds the qty in the PO, it normally generates a message about this. Double-click the message text and it will tell you for which reason the system did the rounding - it can be the definition of the UoM or the rounding profile in the PIR or the rounding qty in the material master MRP view, etc.

If you create your PO automatically and can't see the message, try creating the same order manually.

BR

Raf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafael,

the material I'm using doesn't have the MRP screen.

When I create the PO the message error is the following one:

Purchase order unit ST allows fewer decimal places only

Message no. ME678

Diagnosis

The purchase order unit ST that you are using has been defined in Customizing in such a way that the system uses only 0 decimal places for the order quantity.

However, in your current PO item you are using more decimal places than this.

This may happen if you copy data from a requisition into the purchase order, for example.

Procedure

Either check and correct your PO quantity, or change the order unit if necessary.

In Customizing, where can I check this set up?

Thanks again.