Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get structure from Idoc using function module?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am looking for a function module in order to get the structure of a message type used for iDoc. The aim is to get the data element from the different fields in order to check authority if the data element is BUKRS.

Thanks for your help!

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is probably several ways, one is to determine the IDOC type, e.g. via EDI_DOCTYPS_OF_MESTYP, then you can read the IDOC type segments via IDOCTYPE_READ and finally the segments details via SEGMENT_READ.

Thomas

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

You can use the FM "IDOC_TYPE_COMPLETE_READ" which will get you the complete details of the IDOC type along with data elements referred for each fields in the segments.

The aim is to get the data element from the different fields in order to check authority if the data element is BUKRS.

Not sure if i understood the above requirement, if you could provide more info on the requirement, i guess you might get better a better solution from the forum. As there are other data elements with different names for company code (just look up *BUKRS* in SE11 under Data Elements to see what i mean), not sure if you can cover it all.

Regards,

Chen

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is probably several ways, one is to determine the IDOC type, e.g. via EDI_DOCTYPS_OF_MESTYP, then you can read the IDOC type segments via IDOCTYPE_READ and finally the segments details via SEGMENT_READ.

Thomas