cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change asset useful life

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

The user has raise request to change the asset useful life eg. from 5 to 10 years.

After performed the useful life update in AS02 (The system will calculate the net impact of the deprecation in next month depreciation run, eg May 2011). However, how can we resolve to back posting to 01.01.2011. Currently the depreciation has run up to period Apr 2011.

Which method is preferred?

1) Change the useful life in the asset. The system will calculate the net impact of the deprecation in next month depreciation run.

2) Perform an write up (ABZU) to the ordinary depreciation and then change the useful life in the asset master ?

What is the correct way to do the depreciation posting ?

Kindly advice.

thanks.

rgds,

tee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, you can change Usefull life from 01.01.11 - double click on it, and change interval

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Double click on Depr area (in as02), then More intervals, Add interval, and create from required date with new data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to create/Add Interval, its done but when I click save and go in again, it does not save the changes at all.

I notices that when i add the interval, the new interval has tick at "Deletabl".

Kindly advice.

thanks.

rgds,

tee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Double click on Depr area (in as02), then More intervals and see if there 2 intervals.

Also go to aw01n and check if depr changed like you want?