Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BPC MS 7.5 Input Schedules not opening

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are implementing SAP BPC MS 7.5.

The client software and administration all installs perfectly but on some PC's the Input Schedules doesn't want to open.

The users do have all the same rights and is logged in but the input schedules doesn't want to open on some of them, neither through the BPF's or eSubmit -> Open Temples.

Does anyone know what the reason for this can be?

Thanks

Johan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I know this sounds too good to be true, but it's worth a shot... we had similar issues in v10 MS, but it had to do with the file format (.XLS vs .XLSX vs .XLTM vs .XLT and so on...)

Try renaming the file with a different extension depending on whether or not you have macros enabled, VB, etc...

Good Luck!

former_member208963
Participant
0 Kudos

You should do a clean install, maybe there are conflicts with some of the requisite BPC programs (NET framework, Visual Basic, Visual C++, Msxml 4) and the computer programs...

Check in excel, Trust access to the VBA project object model, in macro settings, or in security, try to set in to low

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you get any specific message or it just doesnt open anything?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

No I don't get anything.

The "Open Schedule Library" box/screen opens and the Input Schedules are there but when I click and open, the box just closes and nothing opens.

On other PC's and laptops the Input Schedules opens and works 100%

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you see any difference in the PCs where it works and in the PCs where it doesnt, may be in terms of the version of excel or any SP.

May be you can try to open the template in your PC with some working user ID. Does this work? We just need to identify whether the problem is with user ID or with the system. Do you have the appropriate authorization to the user IDs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

The user can open everything from my PC.

He does have an older laptop with not much RAM but it has Windows 7 and Office 2007 which is what I also have.

I know that if a user doesn't have enough RAM the input schedules etc will be slow.

But is there maybe a setting that needs to be changed or can the lack of RAM stop them from opening Input Schedules?

All Macros are enabled and the add-on's.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan

Would you have had any reply to this query? I do realise this was a long time ago, but I am now facing this issue with certain users at our installation.. although our installation is NW 10.0

rgds

shrikant

jjl_fourie
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi.

No sorry can't remember what we did.

But since then every time there there was a issue similar to that, it was 32bit vs 64bit issues.

Office, internet explorer and EPM add in must all be the same (preferably all 32bit)

You can try 64bit (on all) but it isn't bug free yet.

Let me know if this helped

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may try the following solution :

On the PC where the template is opening - save it on local drive

send it to another PC where it is NOT opening (via mail or pen drive or....)

On the PC where the template is NOT opening - save the file to server

The above solution worked for us. I think by doing so, you are copying Excel settings of that particular file to the server file.