cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consider subcontracting stock in MRP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Does anybody know what customizing is necesary for a material to consider the subcontracting stock in MRP??

For that material, in in MRP3 view, I have assigned a checking rule for availavility check that has the flag w/o subcontracting unmarked, but it seems that it is not enought.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks !

Laura

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Define MRP area in OMIZ with subcontract as vendor MRP area.

Alos open the below link :

http://aq33.com/material-management/Articles-002545.html

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laura -

For which transaction in Inventory Management are you setting up this Dynamic Availability Check? Please check if you are doing these assignments under the correct IM transaction in SPRO under the node:

Materials Management -> Inventory Management and Physical Inventory.

In the material master you should be setting the appropriate Availability Check, as required by your checking startegy i.e. the combination of Availability Check and Checking Rule combination that you have defined in your 'Definition of Checking Rule' in the above setup of Dynamic Availability Check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no subcontracting stock in OPPI.

That transaction is for Stock in transfer, blocked stock and restricted use stock.

I have seen something about a BADI call MD_SUBCONT_LOGIC, does anybody know how it works?

Regards.

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Laura,

Sub-contracting stock is a special stock and it will not be considered during MRP run.

You can define a MRP area for the sub-contractor and try to run MRP for that area alone.

Check this thread to explore more,

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the settings for requirement calculation in transaction code OPPI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manish for the link, but what I want is just take into consideration as available stock the stock that is in the subcontractor.

In example, If I have a material that works with a reorder point of 12 units and I have 2 units in my warehouse and 15 units in the subcontractor, I want the MRP to consider those 15 units as available stock.

My problem is that with that scenario the MRO is generating a purchase requisition and I do not want MRP to generate it.

Regards.

Laura