cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignment of Warehouse to Plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client wants to change the warehosue assignment of a particualr plant. Lets say for example there are 2 plants

Plant 100- Assigned to warehouse 1

Plant 200- Assigned to warehouse 2

My client wants to change the assignment of Plant 200 from warehouse 2 to warehouse 1, as it has been decided by them that they will use only this warehouse now.

My question is that is it advisable to assign two different plants to the same warehouse? Will it create any logistical problems?

Awaiting your reply

Regards

Mohan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Logistically, there should not be any problem however, a key aspect you may have to consider is security. Meaning that the security objects in the warehouse are usually available at warehouse level and therefore, the cross-plant inventory could be viewed when users are different for each plant. Also, you may also have to consider the storage of products in the warehouse since the merging of storage areas (storage types for instance) in the warehouse may limit the flexibility of storing products based on unique putaway and removal processes. Nevertheless, this you may overcome by distinguishing products by storage types.

So, if the above aspects are not a problem then the advantages of having single warehouse definitely outway the structure with two warehouses.

former_member631463
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

You can assign two different plant to same warehouse. It will not create any logistical problems. Many times businesses have one DC (distribution warehouse) for more than one production plants. Stock in this warehouse will get identify with the plant and storage location with it. You can use storage location indicator functionality to automate the stock placement process which will take plant into consideration.

Hope this will clarifies your queries.

Regards,

Sudhir