step DEPLOY_ONLINE_DEPL step with the following error that I cannot

resolve after looking through notes, SDN etc. OSS 1399846 is suggested

in the error text but the cause of the error is not the same and as

such this note in not valid.

The error received in the JSPM log is :-

May 25, 2011 3:16:18 PM [Error]: Login not performed yet. JSPM not

initialized.

JSPM version is 7.02.6.3.1. Current JSPM log directory

is /usr/sap/D05/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/JSPM/log/log_2011_05_25_11_30_17.

May 25, 2011 4:05:39 PM [Info]: Message type received execute.

May 25, 2011 4:05:39 PM [Info]: Processing request to deploy queue

sapjup-queue.

May 25, 2011 4:05:39 PM [Error]: Login not performed yet. JSPM not

initialized.

May 25, 2011 4:05:40 PM [Error]: Could not process deploy queue sapjup-

queue request.

May 25, 2011 4:05:40 PM [Error]: java.lang.NullPointerException: while

trying to invoke the method com.sap.sdt.jspm.model.JspmDataModelIF.save

() of an object loaded from field

com.sap.sdt.jspm.deployment.queuemanager.QueueManager.dataModel of an

object loaded from local variable this

May 25, 2011 4:05:40 PM [Error]: Login not performed yet. JSPM not

initialized.

I can manually start JSPM and enter the SDM password which then shows me the depoyment queue which is in a failed state.

Earlier in the Ehpi process I neede to stop/start the Ehpi application and both the shadow & instance being updated to resolve a core dump in the MAIN_NEWBAS/STARTSAP_NBAS step. This also involved patching the 720 to the latest version. The MAIN_NEWBAS/STARTSAP_NBAS step then was able to start the instance and carry on with the ABAP part of the Ehpi process. I'm not sure if this has caused the issue now with the JAVA part of the system update process.

Has anyone had similar issues trying to update a dual stack NW 7 BI system ?

Regards,

Brian.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

System installed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My Solman upgrade to 7.1 was stuck for the same reason. Now it's running again!

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am installing EHP2 on standalone JAVA.Facing same error as this post. EHP installation is in downtime phase and I need to stop it to apply above solution but I am not able to do it from GUI. When I try to stop, it says"Stopping EHP Installation not possible"

How can I stop installation at this stage.

Please suggest

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think its not able to recognize the current version of JSPM.

Try to upgrade JSPM and continue ...

Thanks,

Deepthi

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>

> I think its not able to recognize the current version of JSPM.

>

> Try to upgrade JSPM and continue ...

>

> Thanks,

> Deepthi

SAP don't recommend to start JSPM while using EHPi tool. Please make sure that all file system should have sufficient space. Additionally, you can check below link:

https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/docs/DOC-102101

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny, Deepthi,

many thanks for your suggestions but space is not an issue and JSPM is already at the desired patch level ( 7.02 SPS 6 patch 3 ).

I also tried setting a different port for JSPM :-

/dialog/SDTServerConnection/port = 6240 ( changed from default to another used port # )

I still have the issue, the JSPM trace suggests that "Login not performed yet" , "JSPM not initialized"

May 25, 2011 4:05:39 PM [Error]: ....sdt.jspm.unattended.processors.ExecuteRequestProcessor.process(ExecuteRequestProcessor.j

ava:180) [Thread[CommLink(com.sap.sdt.util.net.CharacterCommLink),5,main]]: Login not performed yet. JSPM not initialized.

May 25, 2011 4:05:39 PM [Error]: com.sap.sdt.jspm.unattended.processors.ExecuteRequestP

rocessor [Thread[CommLink(com.sap.sdt.util.net.CharacterCommLink),5,main]]: com.sap.sdt.jspm.unattended.processors.ActionRequ

estProcessorException: Login not performed yet. JSPM not initialized.

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.unattended.processors.ExecuteRequestProcessor.process(ExecuteRequestProcessor.java:180)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.unattended.RequestController.processRequest(RequestController.java:134)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.unattended.CommunicationController.notifyJSPMRequestListeners(CommunicationController.java:120)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.unattended.CommunicationController$JSPMConnectionObserver.receive(CommunicationController.java:24

9)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.communication.SDTServerConnection$SDTServerConnectionObserver.msgReceived(SDTServerConnection.java

:596)

at com.sap.sdt.util.net.AbstractCommLink.fireMsgReceived(AbstractCommLink.java:276)

at com.sap.sdt.util.net.AbstractCommLink.run(AbstractCommLink.java:218)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:678)

May 25, 2011 4:05:40 PM [Error]: ....sdt.jspm.unattended.processors.ExecuteRequestProcessor.process(ExecuteRequestProcessor.j

ava:288) [Thread[CommLink(com.sap.sdt.util.net.CharacterCommLink),5,main]]: Could not process deploy queue sapjup-queue reque

st.

May 25, 2011 4:05:40 PM [Error]: ....sdt.jspm.unattended.processors.ExecuteRequestProcessor.process(ExecuteRequestProcessor.j

ava:301) [Thread[CommLink(com.sap.sdt.util.net.CharacterCommLink),5,main]]: java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to i

nvoke the method com.sap.sdt.jspm.model.JspmDataModelIF.save() of an object loaded from field com.sap.sdt.jspm.deployment.que

uemanager.QueueManager.dataModel of an object loaded from local variable this

May 25, 2011 4:05:40 PM [Error]: com.sap.sdt.jspm.unattended.processors.ExecuteRequestP

rocessor [Thread[CommLink(com.sap.sdt.util.net.CharacterCommLink),5,main]]: java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to i

nvoke the method com.sap.sdt.jspm.model.JspmDataModelIF.save() of an object loaded from field com.sap.sdt.jspm.deployment.que

uemanager.QueueManager.dataModel of an object loaded from local variable this

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.deployment.queuemanager.QueueManager.save(QueueManager.java:356)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.deployment.DeploymentFacade.save(DeploymentFacade.java:403)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.unattended.processors.ExecuteRequestProcessor.process(ExecuteRequestProcessor.java:295)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.unattended.RequestController.processRequest(RequestController.java:134)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.unattended.CommunicationController.notifyJSPMRequestListeners(CommunicationController.java:120)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.unattended.CommunicationController$JSPMConnectionObserver.receive(CommunicationController.java:24

9)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.communication.SDTServerConnection$SDTServerConnectionObserver.msgReceived(SDTServerConnection.java

at com.sap.sdt.util.net.AbstractCommLink.fireMsgReceived(AbstractCommLink.java:276)

May 25, 2011 4:05:40 PM [Error]: com.sap.sdt.util.diag.DiagE

xception [Thread[CommLink(com.sap.sdt.util.net.CharacterCommLink),5,main]]: Deserialized exception com.sap.sdt.jspm.unattende

d.processors.ActionRequestProcessorException: Login not performed yet. JSPM not initialized.

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.unattended.processors.ExecuteRequestProcessor.process(ExecuteRequestProcessor.java:180)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.unattended.CommunicationController$JSPMConnectionObserver.receive(CommunicationController.java:249)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.communication.SDTServerConnection$SDTServerConnectionObserver.msgReceived(SDTServerConnection.java:596)

May 25, 2011 4:05:40 PM [Error]: com.sap.sdt.util.diag.DiagE

xception [Thread[CommLink(com.sap.sdt.util.net.CharacterCommLink),5,main]]: Deserialized exception com.sap.sdt.util.diag.Diag

Exception: Login not performed yet. JSPM not initialized.

JSPM version is 7.02.6.3.1. Current JSPM log directory is /usr/sap/D05/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/JSPM/log/log_2011_05_25_11_30_17.

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.unattended.RequestController.addContextInfo(RequestController.java:178)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.unattended.RequestController.processRequest(RequestController.java:150)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.unattended.CommunicationController$JSPMConnectionObserver.receive(CommunicationController.java:249)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.communication.SDTServerConnection$SDTServerConnectionObserver.msgReceived(SDTServerConnection.java:596)

May 25, 2011 4:05:40 PM [Error]: com.sap.sdt.jspm.unattended.RequestController.logResponse(RequestController.j

ava:242) [Thread[CommLink(com.sap.sdt.util.net.CharacterCommLink),5,main]]: Login not performed yet. JSPM not initialized.

JSPM version is 7.02.6.3.1. Current JSPM log directory is /usr/sap/D05/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/JSPM/log/log_2011_05_25_11_30_17.

May 25, 2011 4:05:40 PM [Error]: com.sap.sdt.jspm.unattended.RequestCo

ntroller [Thread[CommLink(com.sap.sdt.util.net.CharacterCommLink),5,main]]: com.sap.sdt.util.diag.DiagException: Login not pe

rformed yet. JSPM not initialized.

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.unattended.RequestController.logResponse(RequestController.java:242)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.unattended.RequestController.processRequest(RequestController.java:153)

9)

Any

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think I might have got over the problem.

I stopped the Ehpi installer. Flushed all the /tmp/.sapstream* files.

Restarted the Ehpi installer and restared the JAVA step from the error point. I'm tailing the JSPM log and it looks to have started deployment via SDM now.

Brian.;

former_member188433
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Brian for the excellent write-up.  Your solution worked for me also on an update from EHP1 to EHP2 on a Java-only portal instance.

Cheers - Jeff

jon_friesen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Just a comment on this old thread.  We had the exact same problem, except it was on a Windows box.  The java components were deployed but we had an error at the very end of the deployment (due to sapstartsrv hanging, which was in turn due to sapcpe failing to patch one of the instances, grrr).  When we tried to resume SOLMANUP, we got the same message "Login not performed yet. JSPM not initialized".

Since we were on windows we couldn't flush /tmp/.sapstream* files.  But I did feel like we needed a similar solution -- that something was cached and when SOLMANUP was querying the JSPM, it was getting old news.  Our solution was:

• I stopped SOLMANUP
  • I ran the JSPM manually
  • it opened and gave me a warning along the lines of "SOLMANUP is in progress, do not log in"
  • I closed the JSPM (important: I did not log in!  It sounds like logging in would have cleared my queue which would have been a Bad Thing)

This minor activity -- launching the JSPM and then closing it --- was enough to shake something loose.  When I resumed SOLMANUP, it ran to completion. 

Thanks Brian for posting your solution in this thread, it's always a comfort to find someone else with the same problem!