cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Periodic Billing Plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I am creating the periodic billing configuration,but the process of using the billing plan is unique.

For exp - Customer is having the contract for 1 yrs say From 01/01/2011 To 31/12/2012.

I will use the billing plan monthly for 10 months but the customer return the equipment in mid of nov i.e 14 th Nov.

Now i want to use the weekly billing plan to select the remaining 14 days where the price differ from monthly.

How should create the manual billing plan for weekly,biweekly,daily,so that user should hav option to select the billing plan option while creating invoice.

Also creation of contract is just for documentation purpose.User will be using the billing document for pricing.so user should have the option to select the billing plan for monthly or for weekly or daily & system shud determing the price as per the selection of billing plan from the invoice.So i want the Order type of SC should not be copied to Billing Type F2.I have change the copy control of pricing type but its not reflecting.

Kindly suggest for above scenario.

Thanks

Shri..

Edited by: shrii on May 26, 2011 12:09 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Based on my understanding of your requirement.

You are want to use Periodic billing plan may be either monthly or weekly. B'coz you want generate bills on definite & fixed intervals (similarly what it happens in our mobile billing). If you want have flexibility in generating billing or want to have flexible billing plan then why don't you use milestone

billing option.

In addition to that, you material base UoM can be Each or Piece. As you are using the material for rent hire, then you can have alternate UoM for sales. such as days. Which will be be convenient for invoicing/pricing.

I hope this can assist you in understanding or kindly rephrase/share your thought your requirement.

FYI - The billing plan specifies the time at which the given amount or percentage rate should be billed. This form of invoice creation plays an important role, for example, in settling rental contracts on a periodic basis and in milestone billing for projects with predefined billing dates.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Thanks for ur reply,since the billing process is similar to periodic and I am using the periodic billing but I am facing small issue related to pro rate.for ex if I am renting the equipment for 6months from jan01 to June 30 and if bill the customer on

Monthly basis system will determine the monthly billing plan.so I will bill the customer every month say 100

$ every month but the customer will return the equipment on the in June 15th so I wil bill 50 $ for 15 days.here comes the exact requirement where I want the system shud determine the 15 days on weekly billing plan.I hav use the condition type ppsv to maintain the condition record 100$.is ther any Other alternative way to maintain the condition record bAsed on the weekly plan coz i can selEct the condition record for the particular condition record which I wil mantain on the weekly basis or can I maintain the condition record to same condition type.

Kindly suggest

Thanks

Shri..

Edited by: shrii on May 26, 2011 5:24 PM

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats what I suggested you earlier, as no of days is a critical part of your billing.

This even will not require you to change any billing place.

Simply, date duration & sales quantity will change accordingly, in case of fore closure of contract will take care of your billing.

30 days = 1 Month.

7 Days = 1 Week.

So, maintain UoM as day.

This will even assist you in maintaining better/dynamic pricing with scale based pricing.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Edited by: shrii on May 26, 2011 7:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

null

Edited by: shrii on May 26, 2011 6:45 PM

Edited by: shrii on May 26, 2011 6:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to figure out wher does we maintain the Date determination rule.

If you check next to the billing plan ther is date determination rule wher you have option of monthly,50 Monthly on First of Month,51 Monthly on Last of Month etc..

I want to know wher we maintaint this data since i want to add the daily rate so that system will bill as per daily rate.

Kindly provide with your input.

Thanks

Shri..

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use TCode OVBS - Rule Table for Determining Dates

FYI -

As SAP Library, define Rules For Determining Dates in Billing Plan is A baseline date, for example, current date, beginning of contract forms the basis of every date determination rule.

A period to be defined is added to this baseline date.

You define the rules for date determination on the basis of the following dates:

- The possible baseline date is predefined by a fixed value range (for example current date, beginning of the contract) and cannot be changed.

- You can define the period in any way by specifying a number with a corresponding time unit.

- If you use a calendar ID to define a rule, the system determines the next possible workday starting from the baseline date. If you use a calendar ID, you may NOT specify a period.

Thus, in order to define a rule, you must maintain at least one baseline date.

For example, if a date determination rule takes the baseline date to be the contract start date, the period to be 6 and the time unit to be months, then the system determines the date starting from the agreement start date plus 6 months.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys no reply?///////////////////////////////?????????????????????????///

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In sales order item level in billing plan tab, check whether u can change contract end date manually and pu 14th there.

Regards

Atul