cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when defining JCO destinations for RAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am currently setting up JCO Destinations for RAR in Web Dynpro Content Adminstrator.

Here are my steps:

1.) Select VIRSAXSR3_01_METADATA

2.) Click Create

3.) At the Create New JCO Destination panel, I typed in "VIRSAXSR3_01_METADATA" as the Destination Name. (From the AC5.3 Installation Guide, they said not to rename these). I clicked Next button and this is the error:

- Error: Please choose another name for the new JCo destination. The defined name 'VIRSAXSR3_01_METADA' is used in the SLD.

Has anyone encountered this issue? Please help explain.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot use an existing JCO name to create new JCO. Please use different name to create new one.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we create the Jco in We Dynpro Content Administrator, we need not to put any name, as it picks by default. We need to put only desired clinet name and go next.

Check if the Jco is already created, (unused Jcos have a redt traffic light) you may try second available set of Jco.

We have created it many times, we need not put the name manually.

Regards,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sabita,

Thanks! However when I left the Name blank, this is the error message:

"Please define the name of Jco Destination"

"Please use another name for Jco Destination. The defined name "null" is used in SLD."

Referring to your statement below:

"Check if the Jco is already created, (unused Jcos have a redt traffic light) you may try second available set of Jco."

- the status of all the JCOs are "Status unknown" (grey diamond shape). Could this mean lack of access of my account? Also the other buttons like "Edit" "Preview" are all disabled for all JCOs.

I do know however that VIRSAXSR3_01/04/02... are all in use! Someone has already defined a connector in RAR and used these JCO destinations. However when I checked this at the Web Dynpro, it's also disabled or in Status Unknown.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liezl,

It looks strange. From which tab you are trying to create?

Check below -

In main WebDynpro content administrator screen, on above side there is a Check SLD connection, click on it and check if SLD connection is ok.

Are you trying via "Create JCO Destination" or "Maintain JCO destinations"? Go with second option.

If you click on Maintain JCO destinations and then select the JCO, just right of it is create button. IF you click on there, it will bring you in next screen where JCO name is already given you need to change client only.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Sabita

Edited by: Sabita Das on May 27, 2011 1:04 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sabita,

That's exactly what I did!

I chose Maintain Jco Destinations, then selected VIRSAXSR3_03_MODEL, then clicked the CREATE button.

Then the "Create new Jco Destination" panel opened up just below. But the Name field is blank.

I also clicked the Check SLD Connection and when I tested it, the connection is successful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is strange, can not comment without looking into system.

Please get halp from Basis Java Admin.

Regards,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Liezl,

Looks the JCOs were either deleted from the java webdynpro and they are still exsisting in the visual admin. Can you try

1. searching the RFC from the search tab, just in case you find some.

2. You can logon to visual admin tool and look for the JCO and configure it (Choose Cluster u2192 Server u2192 Services u2192 JCo RFC Provider)

3. If it a testing box, you can bounce the server after the visual admin configuration to see the JCOs.

Rakesh