cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to approve or release a Custom workflow release strategy using a prog.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

I am working with a custom transaction with release strategy using custom workflow. I am done with the module pool and workflow templates. And also I can able to start workflow using the FM SAP_WAPI_CREATE_EVENT.

My actual Issue is I have set of buttons in the module pool screen with names Approve (1 to 5) and Reject (1 to 5). When I press the "Approve 1" release strategy of the first person need to approved. Is there any Function Module or Classes for approving the workflow release strategy using buttons in screen.

Thanks in advance,

Viruman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

I don't think this is possible, if you want control over a custom screen with buttons outside of user interaction you have to model your workflow in such a way that you could steer the process in another direction using forks and events.

But the real question here is: why?

There was at one point in the business a need for having to have userinteraction to make decisions. What has changed that this isn'tneeded anymore.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Make use of the function module SAP_WAPI_DECISION_COMPLETE. To this function moduel pass the workitem ID and pass decision parameter value as 0001 for approve and 0002 for rejection action. You can check in this forum with this function module you will find lot of threads.

If its not a decision step then you can make use of SAP_WAPI_EXECUTE_WORKITEM or SAP_WAPI_WORKITEM_COMPLETE.

Regards

Pavan

Edited by: Pavan Bhamidipati on May 26, 2011 11:43 AM