Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sort key in xkn1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Greetings

For all vendors i am using 100501 as a reconciliation account . In fs00 i gave the sort key o12 for 100501

Here my doubt is what is the significance of giving sort key in xkn1. ?

Thanks & Regards

Praveen kumar.K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

You are getting confused in the concept of subsidiary ledger and General ledger. The significance of of giving sort key in XK01 is that the subsidiary ledger of vendor like FBL1N when executed will be automatically sorted according to the sort key given in vendor master data e.t posting date wise . The sort key given in recon account master data FS00 will determine sorting characteristics for Recon GL a/c when executed in FBL3N e.g vendor number. Hope it will clear.

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The sort key is used by system to display line items. Also sort key helps to determine the value to be copied in the assignemnt field at the time of document entry. The vendor sort key will sort the vendor line items based on the sort key, where as the assignment field in GL account will populate the values from the sort key in GL Master record.

Regards

Milind Sonalkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sort keys are stored in customer, vendor and GL master records. They determine what value is populated in the u2018assignmentu2019 field in the document line items posted. There are several standard entries in a pre-delivered SAP system and additional entries can be configured if required.

Regards

udayakumar.k