SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Significance of Fields OPUPW, OPUPK and OPUPZ in Tables DFKKOP and FKKMAZE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a case where a certain open item in FPL9 isn't getting pickedup by a custom program for processing. The reason being in a Select query common entries in DFKKOP and FKKMAZE are not being picked up due to differences in 3 fields: OPUPK, OPUPW and OPUPZ.

These fields are:

1. Repetition Item in Contract Account Document = OPUPW

2. Item number in contract account document = OPUPK

3. Subitem for a Partial Clearing in Documen = OPUPZ

Entries in FKKMAZE are made after Dunning (after running FPVA).

So what is the significance of the above fields, how are they determined? What is their functionality?

Thanks in advance,

Prajakt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prajakt,

The combination of OPBEL, OPUPK, OPUPW and OPUPZ in total determines a unique item in DFKKOP irrespective of the fact that whether the OPBEL is same or different.

All these four fields are set as primary key in DFKKOP.

Normally, the fields OPUPK, OPUPW and OPUPZ comes into picture when there is a partial payment made which has subsequently led to the splitting of the document no.

So, if you want each line item of the single document to be uniquely identified, you use the OPUPK, OPUPW and OPUPZ along with OPBEL.

Also if you want to compare the document nos b/w two tables uniquely, like FKKMAZE and DFKKOP,you should use the combination of OPBEL, OPUPK, OPUPW and OPUPZ.

Only comparing OPBEL would give you a wrong picture, because it will pick only the first item and compare.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prajakt,

The combination of OPBEL, OPUPK, OPUPW and OPUPZ in total determines a unique item in DFKKOP irrespective of the fact that whether the OPBEL is same or different.

All these four fields are set as primary key in DFKKOP.

Normally, the fields OPUPK, OPUPW and OPUPZ comes into picture when there is a partial payment made which has subsequently led to the splitting of the document no.

So, if you want each line item of the single document to be uniquely identified, you use the OPUPK, OPUPW and OPUPZ along with OPBEL.

Also if you want to compare the document nos b/w two tables uniquely, like FKKMAZE and DFKKOP,you should use the combination of OPBEL, OPUPK, OPUPW and OPUPZ.

Only comparing OPBEL would give you a wrong picture, because it will pick only the first item and compare.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

What you said was correct.

Actually I have to compare a document between DFKKOP and FKKMAZE, in fact need a document which is present in both table with all 4 fields matching as u rightly mentioned.

For the case I encountered, there should have been a document in both tables with all 4 fields matching. But in FKKMAZE i am getting the document with the same doc number but the OPUPK/ W/ Z aren't exactly matching with DFKKOP.

Is this possible? if so, in which situation? OR Am I comparing in a wrong way?

Thanks again in advance,

Prajakt

0 Kudos

Hi Prajakt,

The case that you are encountering is possible.

Consider the below scenario.

Initial Over due Amount-$100.00

Dunning happens. Entry is created in FKKMAZE table against that full amount with a OPBEL, OPUPK, OPUPW and OPUPZ(000)

Partial Payment happens of $50.00. Splits the entry in DFKKOP based on OPUPZ(001 and 002).One gets cleared and other is still open.

So in this scenario, if you are comparing the previous entry i.e there in FKKMAZE with the two entries on DFKKOP, it will not match, because as of now in DFKKOP. there are two items with differnt OPUPZ as compared to the initail single line item.

Hope it helps.....

Thanks,

Amlan