cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use " saplicense '-temp' "

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have moved our PRD instance to new hardware today. We have requested a new SapLicense key several hours ago but have yet to receive it. Support advises that the license key system is down, that they are working on it, but that they have no ETA as to availability! We have opened a VERY HIGH message but so far, no response.

Our production system is down!

As information, we have attempted to install a temporary license key ourselves by issuing the command

saplicense '-temp'

at the operating system level but the command fails with the error message 'Systemname too short()'. The saplicense help text does not mention any other parameters to use with the '-temp' entension.

I have searched the notes database with no success. There doesn't appear to be anything that addresses this command.

Any assistance with the 'saplicense' command is greatly appreciated.

Robert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

I hope, the problem is fixed in the meantime. The point is, that you cannot apply a temp license yourself. You still need SAP to support you with a license code - even a temp-license.

If you still do have some problems, let me know, we should be able to fix that.

Regards

Volker Gueldenpfennig, consolut.gmbh

http://www.consolut.de - http://www.4soi.de - http://www.easymarketplace.de

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The OS/400 command is WRKENVVAR. By default, you get the environmental variables for your job. If you prompt it, you can look at *SYS/system-wide entries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried the same command on my sandbox system (V5R3, with 46C SAP) and it came back and asked for my SID. When I looked at the joblog with CL logging turned on, I saw

SAPLICENSE PARMLIST('-temp')

72 - CALL PGM(SLICAS4) PARM('-temp')

If it is complaining about the Systemname being too short, maybe something isn't configured properly with either the hostname in CFGTCP, or maybe your environmental variables aren't set? For my sandbox system, signed on as SBXOFR, I see the following:

Name                   Value                          
_WX_GEN_NAMES          ' '                             
ICU_DATA               '/QIBM/ProdData/OS400/icu/data'
DIR_LIBRARY            '/usr/sap/SBX/SYS/exe/run'     
dbms_type              'db4'                          
SAPSYSTEMNAME          'SBX'                          
SAPSYSTEM              '00'                           
SAPDBHOST              'SVRDEV13'

Do you show any environmental variables?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jim,

Thanks for the response. I've been away from SAP for several years. Can you tell me how to view these environment variables?

Thanks,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

It depends on your OS.

For UNIX, use command 'env' and check the variables of the current user.

For Windows, click right on Control Panel, choose 'Properties' then 'Advanced' and you can see the ' Variables ' button..

Regards

Seb.