Automatic recurring inspection
Is it possible to have a recurring inspection automatically? Can SAP create inspection lots based on the inspection intervals without having to go to QA07?
Thanks in advance
Krishna Madduri replied
In Recurring Inspection: Inspection lots are created automatically, based on the "Inspection Interval" set in the Material Master QM View.
1. Based on the Retest date, the system creates Inspection lots automatically (when sceduled in QA05)
2. You can use "Initial Run in Days" days so that, the system creates Inspection lots in those days.
3. Based on the SLED and Retest date, the system transfers the stock to Blocked or QI stocks respectively
You can also use Manual Scheduling by QA07
But, please ensure that:
1. Material is Batch Managed
2. Shelf life expiry date is populated
3. Inspection type 09 is activated in QM view
for all the materials requiring Recurring Inspection.