cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EREC: Using Erec as a Repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all, due to GUI issues my company decides to continue using an external Job Portal for Job Application and only successful applicant will be transferred into SAP backend. I would like to ask if anyone here have done this before.

Some of my questions are;

1. In the above settings, can i transfer the data from external job boards into SAP Erec ?

2. Do I have the option to transfer the data into Applicant database (PB) which is what we are currently doing ?

3. Also can someone advice whether SAP will continue supporting PB (Applicant) framework like the infotypes etc ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

NicoleGeischnek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Sebastian is right. Improvements are only done for E-Recruiting - the old recruitment (PB) will still be usable in the systems but no further developments are shipped - only detected errors corrected.

Regards

Nicole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

actually PB and SAP E-Recruiting are two different modules. They are not compatible at all.

You need to decide what to use.

Best regards

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian, many thanks for the reply.

Indeed they are 2 separate components. As part of our upgrade (current is 4.7) we are looking at E-rec. However we have already invested in a lot of money integrating/interfacing with our external Job Portal partner due to the superior GUI and extensive customization already in place.

Thus, We are likely to continue with this partnership since we are not able to fully utilise the features which E-rec provides like creating requisition, activities management, application management etc.

However end of the day we need to move these candidate information into our system (either PB or Erec) before transferring them to PA. Would you advice to setup the Erec framework just to only store the applicant details or should i continue to use PB (as per current) to continue the recruitment processes ?

Has anyone also tried loading data directly into E-rec Infotypes (5 series IT), is the process same as loading into PB Infotypes ?

Thanks all for reading !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as I already said. Those components are completely different.

If you like to use e-recruiting, use it completely. Do not mix the modules.

Filling e-recruiting is also completely different. Some of our customers had a third party provider for the web front end connected with PB. They replaced that scenario with e-recruiting completely. Filling e-recruiting with candidate data from another tool is more complicated. I would not recommend that.

Best regards

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sebastian. Would you know if SAP will continue to support PB or will they drop it and use only E-rec going forward.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not know.But I do not think that PB will be enhanced any further. E-Recruiting is the current product, PB is more or less obsolete.