Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create new output and bypass the old output

former_member1312574
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Currently we have an output type (YAB1) that is created for all customers and item categories for application V2. New requirement is to create new output (YAB2) that exactly works as old one with one difference is that new output type YAB2 should be created for specific customers. Also bypass creation of old output YAB1.

I understand how can we create new output YAB2 for specific customers. How can I by pass these customers from the old output YAB1. Please help me.

Thank you so much for your time,

Regards,

Pavan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member191735
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a requirement and use it for Old output type. Within the requirement, after your validations just make subrc to 4 or 0 depending on the requirement. If you dont want this completely, just delete it.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Output types can be restricted by either Condition records or through "Requirements for output control" code.

former_member191735
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a requirement and use it for Old output type. Within the requirement, after your validations just make subrc to 4 or 0 depending on the requirement. If you dont want this completely, just delete it.

0 Kudos

Thank you so much for your replies,

Sampath, Can you please provide more details of how can I create requirement. Is there any possibility of using NACE condition entries.

What I think is create a custom table and maintain customers to whom YAB2 created. When YAB1 is created I read the table and when customer is found then set return code to 4 so that it is bypassed. We need YAB1 output for other customers.

Is there any better approach?

Regards,

Pavan

Edited by: Pavan1 on May 26, 2011 12:46 AM

Edited by: Pavan1 on May 26, 2011 12:47 AM

0 Kudos

If you want to go with Ztable logic, the option would be to go with Requirement routine.

Check this ...http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/RequirementRoutines-OutputControl