cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forecasting

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus,

Consumption; what are those numbers made up of? Sales less returns & consignment issues less returns? In the example below, this material has no unplanned consumption and the total consumption differs with MCTC sales data a little. I have seen other materials where the consumption differs MCTC sales a lot; Iu2019d like to know how the consumption data is accumulated and the table name where it is stored.

When executing the forecast, do we have a choice of which data stream we want to use; unplanned vs. total?

Iu2019m assuming that when we change any of the numbers in the corrective values fields, those would be used to generate new forecasts; right?

When I hit the Execute forecast button on the Forecasting view, the first screen I see is a Forecast data screen with 5/2011 or 6/2011 options. How should I use them; always use current month?

For this material in our production system, I get the following error u201CBetween 05/2010 and 04/2011 all historical values are zerou201D. I see no unplanned values but we do have total consumption numbers; why am I getting this error?

:

After we have generated and saved forecasts, can we re-forecast those numbers in the same month? I have examples where I canu2019t change the forecasted values. Do I have to re-initialize the numbers?

I have a default of 6 forecast periods; when I change that to 12, I only get 6 periods to be forecasted; why?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

avudaiappan_e
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

To answer some of your queries

Table for consumption: MVER

Total consumption is the total of planned and unplanned consumption. For materials planned according to the consumption-based planning procedure, it is always the total consumption that is updated.

Unplanned consumption is only updated for materials that are planned according to MRP,

- if goods are withdrawn from the warehouse without a reservation

-if goods are withdrawn from the warehouse on the basis of a reservation, but if the quantity withdrawn exceeds the reservation

When withdrawing a material that is planned according to the MRP procedure on the basis of a reservation, only the planned consumption is updated. This value is not recorded in the material master record but, instead, it must be calculated by the user by subtracting unplanned consumption from total consumption.

You can control the consumption indicator for the particular MRP type as either U (unplanned) or G (total), in customizing of the MRP type

I guess, Forecast profiles allow you to run the forecast over and over again without redefining the forecast settings. You can also, try marking "X" against the Initialization field in the material master forecast view screen and try re-running the forecast

Thanks !

E.Avudaiappan