Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

forecasting

hi gurus,

Consumption; what are those numbers made up of? Sales less returns & consignment issues less returns? In the example below, this material has no unplanned consumption and the total consumption differs with MCTC sales data a little. I have seen other materials where the consumption differs MCTC sales a lot; Iu2019d like to know how the consumption data is accumulated and the table name where it is stored.

When executing the forecast, do we have a choice of which data stream we want to use; unplanned vs. total?

Iu2019m assuming that when we change any of the numbers in the corrective values fields, those would be used to generate new forecasts; right?

When I hit the Execute forecast button on the Forecasting view, the first screen I see is a Forecast data screen with 5/2011 or 6/2011 options. How should I use them; always use current month?

For this material in our production system, I get the following error u201CBetween 05/2010 and 04/2011 all historical values are zerou201D. I see no unplanned values but we do have total consumption numbers; why am I getting this error?

:

After we have generated and saved forecasts, can we re-forecast those numbers in the same month? I have examples where I canu2019t change the forecasted values. Do I have to re-initialize the numbers?

I have a default of 6 forecast periods; when I change that to 12, I only get 6 periods to be forecasted; why?

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question