Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EC08 and OA08 - Asset Accounting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are doing a global roll out and currently doing country canada

When i am coping the chart of depreciation. As chart of depreication is country specific in transaction EC08

Do i need to copy from what is already in use in SAP like Australia Chart of depreciation to new Canada Chart of depreication or

Do i need to copy from a standard sample chart of depreciation for canada (OCA) to new canada chart of depreciation

In OA08 : For Country Canada : There is a check ON for country settings.

This means if i copy the standard sample chart of depreciation for canada to new canada chart of depreciation then i will have all the features.

Or both EC08 and OA08 are different?

Will award good points.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

EC08

These charts of depreciation are only references for customer charts of depreciation and therefore cannot be used directly. When you create your own chart of depreciation, you must copy a reference chart of depreciation.

When you create a chart of depreciation, the system copies all the depreciation areas from the standard chart of depreciation that you use as a reference. You must delete any depreciation areas you do not need from your chart of depreciation.

OA08

The system uses the country-specific data in each company code that agrees with the country in the definition of the FI company code (FI Customizing).

SAP provides the appropriate default settings for most countries.

The standard defaults have to be checked for the selected country.

Regards

udayakumar.k