cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SC Follow-on PO created but no link in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts: we are facing a problem after SP upgrade to SAPKIBKV10. Let me try to explain:

We are working with SRM 7.0 system. Recently, our SRM installation has been upgraded to SRM_SERVER 700 level 10 (SAPKIBKV10) support package. Our backend ECC6 stills the same as before: SAP_APPL 604 level 7 (SAPKH60407). Our system type is ERP_4.0 and we have PI for backend integration (CPPR scenario is implemented and also we are using services).

Since the SRM upgrade was done, we are facing some new issues we hadn't before.

1.- When creating shoping carts resulting in a purchase requisition, error message bbp_pu 231 is issued in the monitor: "Backend system & is not available. Inform system admin."

2.- When creating shopping carts resulting in a purchase order, the PO is created via PI in the backend system, but document status remains always with value I1111, "item in transfer process", and the follow-on document number is not linked with the SC item.

To solve the first issue, we implemented oss notes:

• 1517301: Prevent 'Commit work' in BAPI_PO_CREATE etc.

and related note:

• 1522994: "Follow-on document deleted" active although doc was created

With this, the first issue seems to be solved, while the second one remains.

If we change the system type from ERP_4.0 to ERP_3.0, and create new shopping carts resulting in PO in the backend systems, everything works fine: PO gets created in the ECC6 and the corresponding status is updated properly in SRM. We ca not maintain ERP_3.0 as system type, as we need the CPPR scenario and this requires PI and ERP_4.0 system type.

After debugging, we found out that symptom in OSS note 1580629 (released 18.04.2011) exactly match with our problem:

"When a shopping cart, which contains an order line, is transferred to the backend system, a backend follow-on document is created but the system does not maintain the link between the shopping cart and the created follow-on document"

However, this note applies only to SRM_SERVER 550

The error occurs both when transferring SC to backend either directly or from Sourcing

Any clue about this?

Thnaks in advance

Best regards

Valentí

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

check clean_reqreq_up job runs fine then Check linkages section in the bbp_pd .

if the linkages are not happen it is an issue after successfully runing clean job.

Muthuraman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Muthu: according to OSS note 1499352, "SRM transfer: redesign, bug fixes", from SRM 7.0 SP SAPKIBKV10 and from SRM 7 EhP 1, report CLEAN_REQREQ_UP is no longer responsible for shopping cart. This exactly the paragraph:

"The "Cleaner" (report "CLEAN_REQREQ_UP") is no longer responsible for Shopping Carts, however the report still needs to be run as a job to handle all other types of documents!"

You will see in this note that the complete transfering process and status update has been changed. Now, creation of backend documents and update of the SRM related data is done in one synchonous step. Also, a new report must be rescheduled for the case that transfering od couments fails: BBP_SC_AUTO_RETRANSFER"

The above and some otehr details, you can find in the OSS note.

Regards

Valentí

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello: finally, it was a bug in the standard system. SAP released OSS note 1597826

Best regards

Valentí

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the mentioned note 1580629 is appropriate for your problem. You will need to ask SAP to make the same note available fro SRM 7.0 . They will upport the note and it should then be available for your use.

Regards,

Sapna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello: I think you are right. We opened an OSS note to SAP and are still waiting for their feedback. I'll let you know...

Regards

Valentí