cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading multiple data columns in reserved sign

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there a setting to load multiple data columns in reserved sign?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello James,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I'm loading data to EXP accounts dimension (ex: Buiding is the account name in the data file A_654321 is EXP account in BPC). Since loading multiple data columns, I'm using the MVAL option in the transformation file. Thus, I have to create a time conversion sheet and map the Time dimension to the Time sheet in the conversion. I also map the AMOUNT to the amount sheet which I put the formula as value*-1 there.

*CONVERSION

CAPEXACCOUNT=FCSTDEPR_CONV.xls!CAPEXACT

TIME=FCSTDEPR_CONV.xls!TIME

AMOUNT=FCSTDEPR_CONV.xls!AMOUNT

However, when validating, I received the error "Index was outside the bounds of the array". Any idea?

Thanks.

james_lim
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Liana,

"Index was outside the bounds of the array" means your data column is not matched with your MVAL value.

Please verify MVAL value is exactly matched with your data column.

Especailly, last column is empty value, it happens.

I hope it will help you.

Regards,

James Lim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. The Credit Positive only reserves the sign for INC and LEQ account type. I'm loading to EXP account.

I tried to add the formula in the Formula column in the Conversion file (see below) but didn't work.

External Internal Formula

Building A_65432 value*-1

james_lim
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Liana,

To use that formula, you should use CONVERTAMOUNTWDIM option.

This options default value is Account dimension but if you want to use different dimension, you should use that dimension name. I guess Building A_65432 is not an account member then you should use below option in the transformation file.

CONVERTAMOUNTWDIM = dimension name

This option specifies which dimension to look at for value calculations. You must specify a dimension conversion sheet using the Amount Conversion option. For more information about conversion files, see Data Conversion Maintenance. If there is no formula in the Formula column of the Amount conversion sheet, this parameter has no effect. For example, if the Formula column has the following formula: <value>1.10, all accounts are increased by 10% during the conversion.

I hope it will help you.

Regards,

James Lim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The CREDITPOSITIVE parameter is used in the transformation file to reverse the sign. Please refer to the below link from help.sap:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_bpc75/helpdata/en/a2/e722bc58404335ada8592cdc8feaca/content.htm

Alternatively, you can have script logic to multiply the values by -1 to reverse them.

Hope this gives you a lead.