cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a new view by copying from standard view in IC webclient?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, expert,

I need to enhance a sap standard component (BP_Factsheet), inside it I need to create a new view by copying from an existing standard view (Acitivities). However when I try to make a copy, I was asked for destination BSP application, I entered the Z-Application which I used when defining enhancement for the component. After the copy, I don't see the new view.

Then I tried the destination BP_factsheet, instead of the z-application, then after the copy, I can see the new view. However since it's in SAP application, it seems like it's a MOD, not enhancemnet, and inside the new view, the classes (for context, context nodes, etc.) are not in custom namespace (not starting with Z).

So please let me know how can I make a copy of sap standar view in custom namespace.

Thanks in advance.

Jayson

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When copying you can put any BSP name..normally the practice is to prefix the standard name with a Z.

Secondly when you want to make changes to the individual classes and methods you need to right click and say enhance. Then the AZ class names etc would be generated. The view should appear in the component wherein you copied the original view from.

I hope this helps.

The cookbook should have details on this. Otherwise also its quite intuitive.

Award points if it helps.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhishek, my question was that I can not see the copied view in the component when I use z BSP application.