cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fax Cover Sheet from SAP / Rightfax

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is to generate a cover sheet whenever a PO/SO/any document is faxed. We have Rightfax through SMTP/SAP Connect configured. Rightfax does provide a generic cover sheet option but it can only contain the fax numbers and recipient name. It suggests to use SAP Cover sheet. Have few questions, and here they goes:

1. How can I enable SAP Coversheet? Even after checking the option for cover page I am not able to get any cover page and may have been disabled. I've also checked SAP note 553113 but wanted to check if there's any other way as well.

2. After I have enabled cover sheet and lets assume the Standard cover sheet is copied in a ZForm, how can I ensure that always the zform cover sheet will processed? I am not able to find any configuration setting for it. I've research to find that SAP uses SO41 OFFICE-TELEFAX coversheet. This observation can be seen when I goto SO02 -> New Message -> Goto -> Fax , a pop up window appears which asks for Fax details. On Top Right, one can check the cover page option but the Coverpage is always specified as 'STANDARD'.

3. Researched a lot. SDN & Google but not able to come to a conclusion for any specific solution. Appreciate if anyone has worked on this requirement, please share their ideas. There's no much help available as well (seen as much available links in SDN and Google). Basically, the requirement is just to generate a generic fax cover sheet from SAP.

Thanks,

Santosh Verma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing the thread. Few notes before closing:

1. The Standard SAP Cover Sheet can be modified 'SO41'. But not a recommended solution. But to achieve the standard cover sheet, parameter 'BC_NO_FAX_COVER' has to be maintained as space in SXPARAMS view.

2. The other way I tried is to use the Set of classes including 'CL_SAPSCRIPT_COVER_BCS', 'CL_COVER_DOCUMENT_BCS'. I was trying to use this two classes but not able to achieve it as one of the method's 'CREATE_INSTANCE_FOR_SAPSCRIPT' is commented and here's my issue arises. Will explore further and if I am able to get any solution, will post it.

Thanks for all the time, closing the thread now.

Cheers,

Santosh Verma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I am also facing the issue while printing Remittance advice using F110 tcode.

Please let me know where you have found the settings which ultimately calls the custom cover page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adding Another question:

I thought to create a custom cover sheet and add it as an attachment. If it works, will post the solution as well. For now, I am again stuck up at one point. Does anyone knows, how to embed right fax codes in SFP/PDF?? The reason, i need to use embedded code is to disable the Right Fax cover sheet dynamically using embedded code (if it works).

My apologies for frequent questions on this subject but got very less details on research, and this are involves, general ABAP and basis administration as well apart from Form Processing. Anyone who has worked earlier on this area earlier, appreciate your contribution.

Thanks,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your time in looking the issue.

@ Sandra,

I've already researched on SDN and google and have visited this link as well. It wasn't of much help. But thanks again.

@ Weidong,

Actually thought of that solution but wanted to check if there's any generic way. Please let me know further on 'You need change configuration for fax - output type.'. Are you referring to NACE output type configuration?

Let me add more:

1. If we set the Parameter 'BCS_NO_FAX_COVER' to 'X' in TMV/SM30 'SXPARAMS', this way, the Fax cover sheet from SAP can be enabled of disabled. This cover sheet uses the Form OFFICE_TELEFAX_M in SE71 (SO43). What worries me, even if I copy the standard to custom, how to make sure that custom form is printed as there is no place where i am able to find any configuration. SAP note 553113 says to edit this form in SE71, that's it.

2. The other solution is right fax generic cover sheet. Which is generated right now, but with limited info. The Right Fax documentation recommends to use SAP Cover Sheet as the Right Fax cover sheet does not provide much details except Senders Fax No, Recipients Fax Number and Name. This cannot be of much help.

3. Use a custom form. A custom form which will contain cover sheet data, independent of SAPConnect. This form has to be generated at runtime. This is one of the approaches thought but here's the list of issues with it:

a. The print program has to be modified as well. Issue when using standard print program. At same time, i think in FP_JOBOPEN one has to specify the cover page as well. Looks good for custom print programs.

b. Our requirement also looks for mass fax. For eg: lets say, i have to fax, around 10 PO's, there should only be one cover sheet for all the 10 fax documents. This solution may not help here.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Santosh

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

did you have a look at http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/Cover+Page. It contains many information, SAP cover page especially, though nothing for fax.

Sandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Help Please..!!

Thanks,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

You can several options to fax with cover sheet.

1) Use Rightfax cover sheet - this is generic one, but may not have all information yuo want to fax with.

2) Create a SAPScript/SMARTFORMS with coversheet for any PO/SD fax document in which you can put any info you want to fax. You need change configuration for fax - output type.

Hope this helps.

Weidong