Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Fax Cover Sheet from SAP / Rightfax

My requirement is to generate a cover sheet whenever a PO/SO/any document is faxed. We have Rightfax through SMTP/SAP Connect configured. Rightfax does provide a generic cover sheet option but it can only contain the fax numbers and recipient name. It suggests to use SAP Cover sheet. Have few questions, and here they goes:

1. How can I enable SAP Coversheet? Even after checking the option for cover page I am not able to get any cover page and may have been disabled. I've also checked SAP note 553113 but wanted to check if there's any other way as well.

2. After I have enabled cover sheet and lets assume the Standard cover sheet is copied in a ZForm, how can I ensure that always the zform cover sheet will processed? I am not able to find any configuration setting for it. I've research to find that SAP uses SO41 OFFICE-TELEFAX coversheet. This observation can be seen when I goto SO02 -> New Message -> Goto -> Fax , a pop up window appears which asks for Fax details. On Top Right, one can check the cover page option but the Coverpage is always specified as 'STANDARD'.

3. Researched a lot. SDN & Google but not able to come to a conclusion for any specific solution. Appreciate if anyone has worked on this requirement, please share their ideas. There's no much help available as well (seen as much available links in SDN and Google). Basically, the requirement is just to generate a generic fax cover sheet from SAP.

Santosh Verma

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question