Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation error - important

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need help asap.

Im installing BPC 75, during installation I chose port 81 to be used, therefore I type <servername:81/osoft> in order to get into for the first time.

Now, it asks for a user/password and an error is shown, I typed the installation user, the 3 users created using transaction SU01, local and domain administrator and every single user I have used during the install and I get HTTP ERROR 503.

What can I do? in my opinion this is an application pool trouble or some setting related to IIS.

My system: Windows 2008 R2 64x, IIS 7.0

Thanx in advance

Velázquez

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valqzquez,

First of sorry for replying so late you need to For SAP Server Connection can you make sure what you enter in User name and password under

Go to

1) SAP Server Manager --> Please make sure this entry's in Reset Login Credentials and Maintain ABAP System Information.

If everything looks fine their then please go to your ABAP System run Tcode se16 - UJA_SVR_DEFAULT, see if your ID's that created under Domain (Active Directory Account) Domain\BPC_Sysadmin, Domain\BPC_Admin and Domain\BPC_user.

2) issue with the IIS please make sure you make the change's in IIS for for BPC, fp_client, OSoft and XMLA to .NET Framework 2.0

Also please follow This Snote - 1532499

This will also resolved your third issue with message queue.

Let me know how this thing goes.

Thanks,

MOhammmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

- My settings: Windows 2008 R2, IIS 7.0, all updates, .net framework 2.0, 1.1. , all prerequisites installed.

- In the server, everytime I try to enter to Server Diagnostic it shows: "Cannot connect to BPC web server, please check your BPC web server and your IE proxy"

Note: i have no proxy

- I checked the Reset Login Credentials, assigned domain\user (3: BPC_ADMIN, BPC_SYSADMIN, BPC_USER) properly and also created these same users in my domain.

- Created locally a group called BPC NW, and added these users to the group, giving permissions as administrator and over SAP Netweaver.

- Checked the IIS BPC, fp_client, Osoft and XMLA to ASP NET 2.0

- I had already changed the parameter for Note 1532499 (it does corrected one issue)

- Since I am not in charge of ABAP-Netweaver, I cant enter to this app to run Tcode..... but I'll do it asap.

- So far, now typed <servername>:80/ososft and whenever I enter, the page loads asking for user credentials.

I tried to use the 3 different created before, my machine administrator and the user I gave permissions SAP_ALL.

After this, I get the message "the user ID, password cannot be authenticated. Make sure you entered valid credentials"

- Typing localhost:80/Osoft i get the error "Http Error 500.24 - Internal Server Error"

An ASP.NET setting has been detected that does not apply in Integrated managed pipeline mode.

Can you just tell me how many users am I supposed to wotk with and which permissions have each one?

I think I managed this far and the problem may be the users.

Thanx again

Velu00E1zquez

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to use Domain/ User, when you install the BPC 7.5 please confirm that you run the Diagnostics. If you didn't please run thie by Going to SAP Server Manager --> Server --> Diagnostic, tell me if your getting any issues their if your then let me know so i can tell were to look. But i am sure it's going to prompt you for user name and password. Here you enter the user name and password that you entered when your doing installation.

Let me know if this work or not. Please rewards the point if this was the correct answere.

Thanks,

Mohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

I ran the diagnostics, and used the administrator credential (which I use for SAP, locally and installed BPC), what I got incorrect is:

X - SAP Server Connection: Database Connection: Status: Connection Error

X - IIS Configuration: Osoft Virtual Directory : Cannot get Osoft virtual directory: Automation error, the system cannto find the path specified - Incorrect

X - MS Message Queue: Queue Name: enableqasprivate$BPCStatusMessageQueue Stauts: Incorrect

Possible Reason: BPC Web Server or IE proxy can not work

Thanx in advance

Velázquez

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

It seems with the problem of MSMQ,IIS port and configuration. Please check the below link for IIS port change and Version

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/149605

also,

Follow these steps for proper msmq INSTALLTION:

Setting Up a Message Queue:

To support outbound calling applications in a deployed Microsoft Speech Server (MSS) system, Microsoft Message Queue (MSMQ) must be installed on computers with Windows 2003 running Telephony Application Services (TAS).

Additionally, MSMQ must be installed on the Business Logic computers (Application Servers) that write to the queue and the computer that hosts the queue.

After installing MSMQ, create a message queue to be used by outbound calling applications.

Installing MSMQ

MSMQ is included with Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP. However, while MSMQ is installed by default on Windows XP, it is not installed by default on Windows Server 2003.

To install MSMQ on Windows Server 2003

1. In the Control Panel, double-click Add or Remove Programs.

2. Click Add/Remove Windows Components in the left pane.

3. In the Windows Components wizard, select Application Server, and then click Details.

4. Check Message Queuing, click OK, and then click Next to complete the installation.

5. In the Control Panel, double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management.

6. Expand Services and Applications, and then click Services.

7. Right-click Message Queuing in the services list, and then click Properties.

Note Be sure to right-click the Message Queuing service in the services list on the right side of the window. Do not confuse it with the Message Queuing folder in the tree view.

8. Click the Recovery tab, set the first, second, and subsequent failures to Restart the service, and then click OK.

To create a message queue

1. In the Control Panel, double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management.

2. Expand Services and Applications, and then expand Message Queuing.

Note A queue may be either public or private, depending on the requirements of the notification application. This example creates a private queue.

3. Right-click Private Queues, and then click New.

4. Enter a name for the private queue, and then click OK.

Note The queue does not require transaction support.

The business logic can now reference this queue for placing outbound notification requests, and TAS can reference it for picking up the requests.

After this run the diagnostic.

Always login to the BPC with the user mentioned in SYSADMIN field of table UJA_SVR_DEFAULT in ABAP end. this user should also be your installation user.

Just try......it may minimize your Diagnostic errors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cvelazquez

You need to use Domain/ User, when you install the BPC 7.5 .

By default, Planning and Consolidation requires that Port 80 (used by HTTP).

You can change port by below mention method:

1) Go to Start Control Panel Administrative Tools .

2) Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager--> Click web sites --> right click Default web site --> Properties --. CHnage the port.

3) Once you change the port now right click on BPC --> properties --> change the port to 80.

4) In the ..\BPC\Websrvr\web\web.config file on the .NET server, edit the AppServer_URL parameter to indicate the port number assigned to IIS.

5) In the ..\BPC\Server Management\OsoftInstall.xml file on the .NET server, edit the port<PORT>port parameter to indicate the port number assigned to IIS.

6) Restart IIS

Also please look into this SAP Note 1288789 - IIS Configuration Errors in BPC Server Manager Diagnostic

Pl refer this note 1571910 - IIS Configuration Status Incorrect Error in Server Diagnostic

1582322 - BPC Server Manager diagnostics showing Database connection and Message Queue problems

Just want to know have you installed ASP .NET 2.0 and 32 bit

If you are running Windows 2008 on a 64‒bit server, you must enable IIS to run 32‒bit applications.

Do the following:

1. Go to Start Control Panel Administrative Tools .

2. Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.

3. Select ASP.NET 2.0 in application pools of local web site, then click Advanced Settings in the

actions panel.

4. Verify that the value of Enable 32-Bit Applications is set to true.

Thanks

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The user that you must use is the one that you configure in se38 with the program UJA3_WRITE_SYSUSER that way you could have access to the applicationsets

hope it helps

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When it asks for user id then you should give window system user id instead of SAP id that you created in backend system.

Thanks

Sunny