cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

working with SAP Data Format yyyy.mm.dd in data services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had 2 questions about date formats coming from SAP to DS .

1) I am trying to convert date fieild from SAP that is formated to yyyy.mm.dd to mm/dd/yyyy but I am not having any luck .. I am using the to_date function when I run this below I get null values in my template table . I think it has to do with me not stating my input date format but cannot seem to get the correct syntax's any ideas ?

2) Does Data Services recognize dates which are formatted as yyyy.mm.dd ?? When I put I added a column to a template table and added the sys date command it returned the sys date as yyyy.mm.dd BUT when I try a fiscal_day function (which should brings back the number of days between the input (my SAP source date ) and the sys date which are formatted the same (yyyy.mm.dd) I get a format error (input parameter 2009.03.10 is not valid) . any ideas ?

Thanks for your time,

Brett

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Brett

to_date convert STRING to date based on input format.

As i understand your source data not in string format.Is this correct?

Use combination to_char->to_date for your transformation

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to use the date as it comes from sap which is YYYY.MM.DD do you know why or if data services recogoizes this format ? If I try to use these dates in fiscal_day or to_char I get a input and I get a errors about the input parameter not being valid.