Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW04s - Cannot find new editor button

andrea_galluccio2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

i've just search other topics but .. probably i'm missing some steps, i don't know.

So .. I've install NW04s ABAP sneak preview. It works great.I've installed Sapgui 640 Final release, and patch level 23 (but if i look the patch level it's alway at 8 and i don't know why).

This is the "dump" of the info about sapgui version

MAIN MODULE INFORMATION:

Name............: saplogon.exe

Description.....: SAP Logon per Windows

Product version.: 640 Final Release

File version....: 6403.3.8.996

Build number....: 717437

I'v restarted the instance and the whole system.

Then in SE38 trx i've done "Utilities"-> "Settings" -> "Abap Editor" and then ..... where is the "new editor" radiobutton ?

I've just two radibutton :

Front-end editor (old)

Back-end Editor

Where i'm wrong ?

Usefull informations will surely rewarded

Thx a lot

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andrea,

your SAPGUI Patch Level is too old.

Please download the newest Patch Level for the SAP Gui from service.sap.com. - Downloads - Support Packages and

Patches - Entry by Application Group - SAP Frontend Components - SAPGUI for Windows - SAPGUI for Windows 640 -

SAPGUI for Windows 640 - Win 32

(for example Patch Level 20)

Be sure to close a running MMC and SAPLogon when you install the Patch.

If you have a problem with "procedure entry point" please read

Regards

Helmut

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmm, i read your Mail a second time, maybe my answer is a little misleading.

I had the same configuration, same version-info from SAPGUI.

I downloaded the File "gui640_20-10001615.exe" from the above path and installed it. After the solving of the "procedure entry point" problem the SAPGUI says Patch Level 20 and the New Editor was available.

Regards

Helmut

andrea_galluccio2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thx a lot Helmut.

I think I had install the wrong patch file (or better, i'had install patch 23 - 1.7 mb file - before install the patch 20 - 70 mb file - )!!

After i wrote this post i had uninstalled the sapgui (try to install again and apply the right patch)... but after the uninstall, i had problem with the mmc and the snap-in (there isn't any sistem to statup in the mmc!!). So i had to format the whole system.

Now i cannot test your solution (i need to installa again O.S, jdk and NW04s), but i trust that yours is the right answer.

Thx a lot, I give u the reward points as i promised.

Andrea

Answers (0)