cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross-Company Posting Document shows itself as Trading Partner

Former Member
0 Kudos

We use cross-company posting between company code 1000 and 9000. The cross-company documents in company 9000 show trading partner 1000, which is correct, however the same cross-company posting document on company 1000 shows itself, 1000, as its trading partner. Does anyone know what might be causing this? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, check sm30, table V_001_Y, seems 1000 maintained for CC 1000 and 9000

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I remember, that there is a note which allow to maintain TP manually(it's old note,and I'm not sure that it's modification)so if you can do it manually, then obbh will help you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you!! That was it!

Cheers!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using AR/AP for doing cross company?

If yes, then check out the value in Trading partner field in the customer and vendor masters in company code 9000 and 1000.

I think there is some incorrect master data maintenance.

Regards,

Vishal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, no we are not using AR/AP specifically, only indirectly. I did go into the vendor/customer maintenance, though, to double check if the trading partner field was populated in any vendor/cust numbers for the company and subs, but there were none, so don't seem to be the issue. The trading partner is automatically populated as part of the cross-company posting. For example if we want to pass expenses from 1000 to 9000, we debit company 9000's expense GL and credit company 1000's expense GL, then post the cross-company transaction. It populates offsetting values in I/C AR in 1000 with trading partner 1000, and values in I/C AP in 900 with trading partner 1000. So all trading partners in the entire JE are 1000, rather than offsetting trading partners netting to zero. Any thoughts how to find the problem?