Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

User CALs of server

Dear All,

Our client is going to purchase two new servers u2013 a database server to run SQL and SAP, and a terminal server to run the SAP client application for 10 users. Can anybody please help me figure out what they need for Client Access Licenses?

Iu2019m pretty sure that they need 10 SQL CALs (installed on the DB server) and 10 Terminal Services CALs (installed on the TS server). What Iu2019m not clear on is Windows Server CALs. Do they need 10 CALs on both the TS server and the DB server? Or does the DB server just see requests from the TS server and therefore not need its own CALs. Are there any other CALs that I need to provide? Also, do they want to install Device CALs or User CALs? My guess is User CALs, but I need confirmation.



Former Member
Former Member replied

Hello Jin,

my one of the client working same configure which you want .

You need SAP licence user wise because finally you will log in client (in this condition Server and Client in same machine) and also need MS office windows terminal licence wise otherwise it not work and High network net Card.


Manvendra Singh Niranjan

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question