cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User CALs of server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Our client is going to purchase two new servers u2013 a database server to run SQL and SAP, and a terminal server to run the SAP client application for 10 users. Can anybody please help me figure out what they need for Client Access Licenses?

Iu2019m pretty sure that they need 10 SQL CALs (installed on the DB server) and 10 Terminal Services CALs (installed on the TS server). What Iu2019m not clear on is Windows Server CALs. Do they need 10 CALs on both the TS server and the DB server? Or does the DB server just see requests from the TS server and therefore not need its own CALs. Are there any other CALs that I need to provide? Also, do they want to install Device CALs or User CALs? My guess is User CALs, but I need confirmation.

Regards,

Yuka

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jin,

my one of the client working same configure which you want .

You need SAP licence user wise because finally you will log in client (in this condition Server and Client in same machine) and also need MS office windows terminal licence wise otherwise it not work and High network net Card.

Thanks

Manvendra Singh Niranjan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yuka,

The Windows Server CAL is different from SQL server CAL.

Both server need their own CALs. You may go through the detail by this [CAL Guide|http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/about-licensing/client-access-license.aspx]

Thanks,

Gordon