cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determination of Consumption indicator in Material document (MSEG)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My question is about how the Consumption indicator gets set in a material document. Everything comes from somewhere in SAP...

I have two movement types, 901 and 900. 900 is configured to be the reversal movement for 901. Both these movement types have Consumption posting indicator "G - Planned withdrawal (total consumption)" in OMJJ movement type configuration (field T156X-KZVBR).

When the 901 movement is done, the consumption indicator in MSEG is [[blank]] (field MSEG-KZVBR). When the 900 movement is done, the consumption indicator in MSEG is V = Consumption. Why are they not the same? How does the entry in MSEG-KZVBR get determined, if not from T156X-KZVBR?

Other information: both movements are delivery movements. 901 is typically done from transaction VL02N Delivery change or VL06G Goods issue due list, while 900 is done using transaction VL09 Reverse delivery goods issue.

Thank you in advance if you are able to help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

esther_hernanz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jennoc,

In general, the consumption indicator comes from the reference document of the posting: So it is taken from LIPS-KZVBR if the goods movement is posted with reference to an inbound/outbound delivery, from EKPO-KZVBR if posted against a purchase order or from AFPO-KZVBR if posted against a production order.

If the goods movement happens without reference (for example a goods issue for a cost center with the movement type 201) the indicator is set in the program and depends on the value of the indicator T156-XKOKO -> If it has the value Y (No consumption indicator) or not. See the SAP Note 161729 for more details.

I hope this helps!

Esther.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Esther,

For the delivery in question, LIPS-KZVBR is blank. This corresponds fine to the related field in MSEG being blank on the goods issue. But where could the the "V" indicator on the GI reversal come from? Both movements are for the same delivery item.

I have tried clearing out the "G" indicator in the movement type config (T156X-KZVBR) for first the 900 reversal movement, and then the 901 GI movement too, and still they post the same way, with the 901 GI having a blank and the 900 reverse GI having a V. Based on this I'm ready to conclude that the movement type config Consumption indicator does nothing, which shouldn't be the case?

@Indraneel,

I'm aware of the configuration of account assignment categories in Purchasing (in table T163K) and the Consumption indicator there, but how could that be playing a role in these Delivery-related movements? If there's a connection, maybe that's the missing link I'm seeking?

Thank you both for your replies!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For any consumption posting, the relevant settings in account assignment category determines the relevancy in OMJJ