cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In ESS, on benefits screen I want to put a validation on two fields...How it could be handled? We dont' have NWDS installed..do we need to install it first? and what are the steps to find out proper web dynpro component?

After finding the component - can i make the changes in the original comp or I need to copy it to custom? Could you pls guide me the steps.

2- I want to hide one block on one of the screen in ESS...how can I achieve this?

3- On one screen, there is a link - I want to convert that link to button....how can I achieve this?

Thanks for the help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201257
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For certain minor changes, where code changes are not required, you can make use of portal personalization feature (If you are on NW2004s/EP 7.0 or greater version) (Control + Right click option)

IF code changes are required, you will need to have NWDI in place. Please refer to the attached document of SAP note 872892 for details on how to use NWDI for ESS modifications.

https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap/support/notes/872892

Thanks,

Shanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shanti.

In personalization, my requirement is that it will be visible to all user not myself. So, how can I personalize e.g hide some thing on the screen so that it will be for all uses.

Thanks,

former_member201257
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Assuming that you are asking with reference to a Webdynpro Java application, and also assuming that you are on a portal version 7.0 or greater:

Yes, the personalization can be done so that it is visible for all the users.

You should be doing the personalization from Content Administration - Navigate to the iview - open it in preview mode - then do Control + Right Click on the field you would like to hide.

A personalization window will open and you can make changes there.

When you do Control + Right Click from Content Administration, in the personalization window that opens:

1. There is a check box for making your changes Final - please make sure it is checked.

2. To avoid end users changing the personalization, you can select the option "Disable End User Personalization".

Thanks,

Shanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do I need to do this personalization in PRD or DEV...I mean is it transportable object?

Thanks for the help.

former_member182598
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes the changes are transportable and will get transported with your iView.

Thanks

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to personalizse "Benefits & Tax Withholding" iview for ALL USERS in ESS. Could you please tell me the path of ths Iview page which can I personalize using ctrl + right click...

Content Administration>Portal Content>where shoul i go from here in order to personalize for ALL users.

Thanks,

former_member201257
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All the ESS Related content is under:

Portal Content - Content Provided by SAP - End User Content - Employee Self-Service.

Open the iviews folder and navigate to the iview you want.

Preview the ivew and do the personalization as per my previous reply.

Thanks,

Shanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

I followed the path which you have provided, but I could not see the iView which I want to enhance. Is it possible that this iView is custom?

I can see this iview under Porta Contect >>"our company portal">>and there I can find the iView which I want to enhance.

In note 1234273, they have mentioned

The correct way to personalize any WD iview/page is to go to the Content Administration-->Portal Content-->Open the corresponding Role-->Edit the iview/page available inside the Role-->Preview the iview/page-->Then perform the required personalization.

So, which way should I follow in order to have this available to ALL users? Pls suggest and they are saying to go inside role first and then go to iview?

Thanks for ur help.

former_member201257
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It could be possible that the iview is in a different folder.

You can follow the note since it is "SAP Suggested way".

However, I have never had any issue doing it my way. The only catch is that you should identify the correct iview that is actually assigned to the end users.

Thanks,

Shanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks , I made the enhancement. But it did not ask for transport request.? Am I doing right? How to transport it?

Thanks,

former_member201257
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It will not prompt for a transport.

The changes will be saved as part of the iview properties.

When you transport your role/iview, these changes will also get transported.

Thanks,

Shanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just made a link hidden on of my iview. How this iview will be transported? Couuld u pls tell me the steps?

If lets say - if personalize 5 ivews, then do i need to transport each of them seperately.?

Am I following the right way by doing it in dev. What is the BEST PRACTICE...I mean do it in dev or direclty in PRODUCTION.

Thanks,

former_member201257
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are doing it correctly - changes should be made in DEV and then transported to Test and PRD.

The portal objects (iviews, pages, roles, etc) are typically transported using portal's own transport process.

System Administration - Transport - Transport Packages - Export.

You will need to create a transport package first and then you can assign multiple portal objects to a portal transport package.

You will then export this transport package from your Dev system and import into further systems (.EPA file transports).

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/Helpdata/EN/1c/f785f15141324c98c5fc71e467d788/frameset.htm

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EP/HowtoAddaniViewtotheTransportPackage

Thanks,

Shanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have personalizesd the Iview in content admin - and then the role which is assigned to All users. But its working for me not for others.???

Could you please let me know what am i doing wrong.

Answers (0)