cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPBobsCOM.dll and windows 64 bits

Former Member
0 Kudos

When i try to connect to sap using di api, i have a exception:

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {632F4591-AA62-4219-8FB6-22BCF5F62007} failed due to the following error: 80040154

I have a web service on windows 64 bits and I have reinstalled di api

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure you are compiling for x86 NOT x64 or "Any CPU". It must be set to x86.

Right click on your solution and select "Configuration manager" and set the solution platform to be x86.

Once that is done, I suggest also refreshing your DI installation:

Uninstall the DI API from Add/Remove programs

Go to start -> run -> %temp%

In this folder, delete the SM_OBS_DLL folder

Remove DI reference from your project.

Restart your machine

Reinstall DI

Add it again to your project.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well.. my problem is solved, thanks njmog1 and János Nagy for your answers. The solution was delete the SM_OBS_DLL folder before reinstall.

"Make sure you are compiling for x86 NOT x64 or "Any CPU". It must be set to x86. "

In this case, this is only for windows forms, in web service you cant compile to other option.

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

When you compile your application, you must use x86 type as target CPU. reason: B1 and SDK components are running in 32 bit mode under x64 machines. x64 application cannot communicate x86 applications in .COM components. Your addon is compiled to x64, and the DI API is x86 compiled.

This is the reason why you receice error message,

Also nice, if you give the directirve Win32 = True to the compiler when you build you appliaction.

Regards

János