cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant connect to maxdb instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear expert,

I have an on going IDES installation on maxdb 7.6.0.3 that is taking so long, it has remained on the last three jobs of IMPORT ABAP for almost a day so I decide to check the database data area to see if the data volumes are full(someone told me that ones delayed his installation).

I installed Database manager 7.4 but when i tried to connect to the database using SYDBA and my master password it says its wrong and i did create any user name for the database since sapinst did the database installation.

please how do i connect this GUI to my database instance?

Bryne

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bryne,

- I recommend to install the DBMGUI 7.6 version or database studio.

- Connect to the database as dbm user using DBMGUI.

Do you know the dbm database user?

< it's control by SAP default installation. >

What is master password?

Try to connect to the database using dbmcli tool, run, for example, on the DB server:

dbmcli -d <SID> -u control,<PWD> db_state

<enter>

- Are you SAP customer?

Regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bode,

what was the answer to your question?

I have a similar problem when I use dbmcli to start the database, I get the error -24950, ERR_USRFAIL: User authorization failed.

I deinstalled via SAPINST and then I was asked the master password for user control, I entered the same password, that was rejected when I try "dbmcli -d NSP -u control,abcdfg32 db_state" unless i do not use this password the deinstallation does not suceede, then I install again but can not acces the database due to password error.

I repeated this 3 times, because I thought maybe I used the wrong password.

Is there any trick how SAPINST modifies the password and stores it for usage by dbmcli in the database.

Kind regards