cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

relationship between BPF and BPF instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a BPF instance based on a BPF, then I make some modification to the BPF, I notice that when I run the orginal BPF instance, it did not reflect the changes I made.

Is this means that if I make change to an existing BPF, I have a create a new BPF instance? also anybody can explain why there is no delete BPF instance function?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A BPF template is a template which defines what the BPF is supposed to do (the steps and the actions assigned to the steps). Whereas, the instance is initializing the BPF for a particular data region.

If you modify the BPF template, the instance will still refer to the older template; since it was created for the older template. So, everytime you modify the template, you need to create the instance once again for the modified template.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jianbai:

You´re right, when you have already created an instance, and then you modify the "original" template of the BPF, the created instance don´t recognise this changes you have done, If you wanna see this changes, You have to create a new one instance taking the template with the changes.....

Regards,

Luis de la Torre