cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Email body for Correspondence output

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

We are sending out emails with correspondence output (from Smartform) fine, but I can't seem to find a way to change the body of the correspondence email (right now it's just blank)? Does anybody know how to do this?

Regards,

M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Did you ever get this working?  We have a similar requirement. We're using Request Based correspondences with Smartforms as attachments but also now want to add content to the Email body.

Cheers

Michael Arter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - we actually have a similar request from our users. They would like to choose the correspondence and then be able to add additional text in the email. They may be sending the email to a Sales Rep (who doesn't have access to SAP) - they would choose the correspondence (i.e. Invalid PO), which would be linked to the SmartForm, but then they may have a specific details that they want the Sales Rep to know.

We are planning to use the notes on the dispute, but it would be much easier to type it directly into the email.

We are waiting for EhP5 so we can see if that makes a difference?

Thanks,

Melissa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I´m not sure if this will help you (i´m pretty new here), in LSO module it worked. I was sendind correspondence but just with one attachment, but I also wanted to add some text into the emial body. I realized there is a badi to do this. LSO_CORRESP11_DEFAULT

Througth IMG -> Trainning & event management-> SAP learning solution->Trainning management->day to day->correspondence-> SAPScript->Badi

Hope this helps someone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

What is the business process?

What information do they want to add?

Could the user not add the text to the dispute, and then when creating the correspondence select the text?

Could you give an example of the text you want to add/ change?

brenton_ocallaghan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

You should be able to edit smartforms in the t-code SMARTFORMS. When I did this, I copied the standard form which I wanted to edit to a Z_* version which is then fully editable. You can then set that form to be used in the correspondence in the IMG.

For example you can define the form to be used for specific correspondence in dispute management by going to FSCM->Dispute Management->Dispute Case Processing -> Correspondence and the node "Define and configure actions".

Once in there you can select your application and click "Define action profile and actions" in which you can define the forms to be used for specific correspondence.

Hope that helps,

Brenton.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brenton,

Thanks for your message, but my issue is different. I need to change the actual email body text (not the correspondence Smartform output) to say something like "Dear xyz, please find attached correspondence.".

I can change the email body when I manually attach other documents (from archive, for example) using ABAP code and the BCS class, but can't seem to find a way to change email body text when creating a simpler email correspondence output.

KInd regards,

M